1 stage to 944'

Post your team or personal best. To be displayed on the WRA2 standings page(Altimeter Data and Videos are optional)
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 1 stage to 944'

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Reptiglorandrockets wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:I posted a picture of the pet part of it in the Q & A part of this forum under "Spambot" which is locked.
That looked like a PET bottle rocket, didn't you say it was a 11' FTC Water rocket?
That part was destroyed an desposed of yesterday. That was the second stage that didn't work.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

Are you saying that the rocket in the picture was the second stage? So you where using the ftc as the first (booster) stage?
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

arjan wrote:Are you saying that the rocket in the picture was the second stage? So you where using the ftc as the first (booster) stage?

Yes that was the booster the 11' included the pet bottle 2nd stage.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

So you put the altimeter in your booster?
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
arjan wrote:Are you saying that the rocket in the picture was the second stage? So you where using the ftc as the first (booster) stage?

Yes that was the booster the 11' included the pet bottle 2nd stage.
How does the booster not buckle during launch?
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

The rocket fell off during flight at appogee but I did not relize my staging mechaism did not work and it had no pressure in it. They both went the same height. Why are you so suspicious of this launch? I told you the altimeter could have malfunctioned.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

By the way I looked at the benjamin .357 and liked it. You should get it. That would be swell/awesome.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:The rocket fell off during flight at appogee but I did not relize my staging mechaism did not work and it had no pressure in it. They both went the same height. Why are you so suspicious of this launch? I told you the altimeter could have malfunctioned.
Usually people do not report an altitude close to 1000 feet as their first "team best". Usually the team will make progress in "steps" and will build several rocket designs "on their way" to that altitude which demonstrates the "team capability". You have not posted any successful flights "on your way" to 1000 feet. The design as described now (with the malfunction of the staging mechanism also has little chance of achieving the altitude you are reporting).

In case you did not know it, 1000 feet is difficult to achieve and only has been accomplished by a handful of teams. Your first flight reported is close to that. What you should do to "prove yourself" is to rebuild the rocket and fly it again and this time take lots of video and still photos. Then post the results to the forum.

Your "flight data" you posted looked like it was copied and pasted directly from one of the online simulators. Most people would not have bother to post the "thrust time" from a real flight (which the only way to get would be from a video or a simulator).

How is the weather where you live right now?

For the competitions we require 2 flights of the same rocket within a 2 hour time period to be eligible.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water Rocket Expert wrote:The rocket fell off during flight at appogee but I did not relize my staging mechaism did not work and it had no pressure in it. They both went the same height. Why are you so suspicious of this launch? I told you the altimeter could have malfunctioned.
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm having a hard time believing your flight. How do you not realize that the rocket did not stage untill the last minuet? And a booster carrying the sustainer (second stage) to over 609'? I mean good knight, you should be able to tell if it was wrong? And above all, the FTC booster holding the sustainer? If you could post a video on your next try would help.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

WRA2 Administrator, I am new to the forum but am not new to water rocketry. I have been at this for several years now. I posted a personal best as designed by my friend kevin and I. I did paste the thrust imformation from a simulator because I thought they were reliable. This might be wrong.

Repliglorandrockets. As I said, the altimeter may be wrong. As stated the rocket hit the ground at highspeed. Also I have check this altimeter with a estes altimeter and they read differently by about 80' when the GPS said we were at about 500' above start point. The second stage valve did not let air to the second stage so it failed but did release.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Right now I am building a 5 liter rocket from PET bottles. I have calculated it to achieve about 550'. I will pressurize it to 100 psi. Soon I will post the "work in progress".
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

My people sure think I am a sketchy troll just because I claim a launch without much data. Besides the altimeter was not a logging on so think why don't they allow these for competitons? Duh. this is recreational. This is a personal best.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

WRA2 wrote:
Usually people do not report an altitude close to 1000 feet as their first "team best". Usually the team will make progress in "steps" and will build several rocket designs "on their way" to that altitude which demonstrates the "team capability". You have not posted any successful flights "on your way" to 1000 feet. The design as described now (with the malfunction of the staging mechanism also has little chance of achieving the altitude you are reporting).

In case you did not know it, 1000 feet is difficult to achieve and only has been accomplished by a handful of teams. Your first flight reported is close to that. What you should do to "prove yourself" is to rebuild the rocket and fly it again and this time take lots of video and still photos. Then post the results to the forum.

Your "flight data" you posted looked like it was copied and pasted directly from one of the online simulators. Most people would not have bother to post the "thrust time" from a real flight (which the only way to get would be from a video or a simulator).

How is the weather where you live right now?

For the competitions we require 2 flights of the same rocket within a 2 hour time period to be eligible.

I live in Maryland. It is cold and snowy. But even so moist air comes through now and then. Like when I launch!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Reptiglorandrockets wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm having a hard time believing your flight. How do you not realize that the rocket did not stage untill the last minuet? And a booster carrying the sustainer (second stage) to over 609'? I mean good knight, you should be able to tell if it was wrong? And above all, the FTC booster holding the sustainer? If you could post a video on your next try would help.
Atually I have posted 421' and 556' on different parts of this forum like the general forum and then like maybe the splicing or something.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water Rocket Expert wrote:WRA2 Administrator, I am new to the forum but am not new to water rocketry. I have been at this for several years now. I posted a personal best as designed by my friend kevin and I. I did paste the thrust imformation from a simulator because I thought they were reliable. This might be wrong.

Repliglorandrockets. As I said, the altimeter may be wrong. As stated the rocket hit the ground at highspeed. Also I have check this altimeter with a estes altimeter and they read differently by about 80' when the GPS said we were at about 500' above start point. The second stage valve did not let air to the second stage so it failed but did release.
Can you answer my question? How are you preventing the FTC booster from bending at launch? Some kind of reinforcement?

-Randy