Copy Pasting Permission USWR

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Copy Pasting Permission USWR

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

I am asking this of the US Water Rockets.

Will you please give me permission here in a written response allowing me to copy and information from your guys site to this forum. I will give you guys credit by saying its your work. WRA2 Lisa Walker said I needed permission so I want to get it. The reason being I want to be able to answer questions without posting a link as I want it always to be there. Please reply with your answer whether or not to give me permission.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copy Pasting Permission USWR

Post by WRA2 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I am asking this of the US Water Rockets.

Will you please give me permission here in a written response allowing me to copy and information from your guys site to this forum. I will give you guys credit by saying its your work. WRA2 Lisa Walker said I needed permission so I want to get it. The reason being I want to be able to answer questions without posting a link as I want it always to be there. Please reply with your answer whether or not to give me permission.
You may ask all the questions you want here. You don't need to copy/paste an entire web page to the forum to do that. The proper way would be to post a link to the page you want to ask a question about and then ask a question. For example:

In your parachute tutorial page (we will use that as the example since you posted a copy of that page the other day)

....link to page...

I have a question about step 4...were do I buy that part...how do I glue that...etc.

You could also subscribe to the thread and receive an email notification when someone posts an answer.

Then you wait for an answer. Just remember that this is not "live chat" and it might take a person/team a few days to read the posts and answer.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Okay but what if that site closes down then the info is lost not saying USWR would but others might.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Okay but what if that site closes down then the info is lost not saying USWR would but others might.
What makes you think that the most popular water rocket website is going to close down?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Not just your site. Besides air command is better at details.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

WRA2 wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:I am asking this of the US Water Rockets.

You may ask all the questions you want here. You don't need to copy/paste an entire web page to the forum to do that. The proper way would be to post a link to the page you want to ask a question about and then ask a question. For example:

In your parachute tutorial page (we will use that as the example since you posted a copy of that page the other day)

....link to page...

I have a question about step 4...were do I buy that part...how do I glue that...etc.

You could also subscribe to the thread and receive an email notification when someone posts an answer.

Then you wait for an answer. Just remember that this is not "live chat" and it might take a person/team a few days to read the posts and answer.

Not to start arguing but it says to post detailed instructions on the site rather than having to go to multible sites you see?
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Not just your site. Besides air command is better at details.
It's easier to provide a lot of detail when you're just copying things other people have created and writing articles about them. The hard part is developing the original ideas in the first place, not replicating what someone else did and writing about it. DOH:
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Team Seneca wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:Not just your site. Besides air command is better at details.
It's easier to provide a lot of detail when you're just copying things other people have created and writing articles about them. The hard part is developing the original ideas in the first place, not replicating what someone else did and writing about it. DOH:
Well then tell them to post there own stuff here so I or others don't have to!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
Team Seneca wrote:
Well then tell them to post there own stuff here so I or others don't have to!
That's my point. People are reluctant to share stuff because they're afraid of having it get swiped by plagiarize.command!

You're new here, so you probably haven't been robbed yet.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

You know, this might not be the same for everyone, but I don't care who takes my ideas and claims them unless their patented.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:You know, this might not be the same for everyone, but I don't care who takes my ideas and claims them unless their patented.
So if you come up with an idea and you spend days or weeks developing it and you decide that you wanted to share it for free with everyone, then you're cool with me if I take your concept and mass produce and sell it and pretend that I thought it up all on my own while watching some old NASA documentary?

I just want to get it on record that this is OK with you. If not, where am I going wrong?
A. Greedily exploiting your idea for personal profit.
B. Not giving you credit for the idea.
C. Lying about where I got the idea.
D. All of the above.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Team Seneca wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:You know, this might not be the same for everyone, but I don't care who takes my ideas and claims them unless their patented.
So if you come up with an idea and you spend days or weeks developing it and you decide that you wanted to share it for free with everyone, then you're cool with me if I take your concept and mass produce and sell it and pretend that I thought it up all on my own while watching some old NASA documentary?

I just want to get it on record that this is OK with you. If not, where am I going wrong?
A. Greedily exploiting your idea for personal profit.
B. Not giving you credit for the idea.
C. Lying about where I got the idea.
D. All of the above.
Bill,

George apologized about a year ago for trying to disrupt the forum, and he has kept his word. Don't go opening old wounds. I don't want to have to move another one of these threads to the call out forum, so just let it go. if I have to move another thread you will get a vacation from your posting privileges.

Give the kid a break too, he is new and probably doesn't have the fancy camera equipment that you do (or extra help to take photos when he launches).

Now everyone back to discussing rockets!
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

WRA2 wrote:Now everyone back to discussing rockets!
That's OK. There is a new "Worst Person Ever" everyone needs to be made aware of.

Boycott this moron:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 101870.php
Bill W.
Team Seneca