Question for AirCommand

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Question for AirCommand

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Ok all this is getting rediculous he is promoting illegal activity. Check out number 4 on this life where he challenges you to launch rockets exceeding 1500 grams but 50 Kilograms!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Ok all this is getting rediculous he is promoting illegal activity. Check out number 4 on this life where he challenges you to launch rockets exceeding 1500 grams but 50 Kilograms!
It's time to quiet down. It seems like what your trying to do is start trouble against George. I believe he has his certs for mid-high power rockets. How about you mind your own business and get back to rocketry.
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Ok all this is getting rediculous he is promoting illegal activity. Check out number 4 on this life where he challenges you to launch rockets exceeding 1500 grams but 50 Kilograms!
That's not a crime because the person reading the article would assume the responsibility. It is similar to writing a tutorial on how to drive a racing car. Anyone can read it for entertainment, but It is assumed that the person who attempts it has the proper certifications and insurance and is racing on properly certified course.

Calm down. George has done enough unscrupulous things in the past that you don't need to invent new ones. Did he say something in his PM reply that touched you off?
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

No he hasn't PMed me. I will drop it now unless he does. I guess you guys are right. No need to start a fight.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Reptiglorandrockets wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:Ok all this is getting rediculous he is promoting illegal activity.http://www.aircommandrockets.com/home//.htm Check out number 4 on this life where he challenges you to launch rockets exceeding 1500 grams but 50 Kilograms!
It's time to quiet down. It seems like what your trying to do is start trouble against George. I believe he has his certs for mid-high power rockets. How about you mind your own business and get back to rocketry.
Ok, Enough of the lynch mob Bill,

For everyone that is new to water rocketry, this might help you understand, You only see the side of George he wants you to see. In the past I received numerous complaints on how George took ideas that were posted here, wrote them up nicely (without crediting the OP or the forum) and published them to his site (letting people finding his site first "assume" he was the inventor). He apologized to the water rocket community in our call out zone (which is our hidden forum used to settle disputes in) when he was caught. He now lurks here to obtain ideas but will now search the web for an alternate source (no matter how obscure) and credit them for the idea and claim he found it there first. When he first came to the forum, he impersonated a woman/girl and then claimed to be sexually harassed by the administration. Search for posts made by a user called "Rockets42" if you need proof. Bill is one of the "old time" members that remembers that and still holds a grudge.

I think that the reason people have a problem now with his site is that it is designed to maximize AD revenue. He gets paid based on "views" of the ads and his website is designed to maximize views such as tiny thumbnail images forcing a click to view and another click to get back to the original page). It is not only his website that has the advertising, his YouTube page and blog also have ADs. So just remember that everything you click on his site or comment you write to him on any of his pages is generating cash for him (the main reason he won't answer here as he gets not by answering or participating here).

His articles also make no mention of needing certifications to build the designs demonstrated (leading the viewer to believe that none are needed). His "water rocket challenges" were specifically designed to draw potential competitors from competing in the association competitions (he makes no cash if you compete in our competitions but will get AD revenue if you participate in his).

He also has a "history" of engaging in "hobbies for profit", prior to water rockets, he sold robotics pieces and home made jewelry on the same website.

It is too bad too that his interest seems to be in making a profit more than participating in a vibrant community on a public forum. He could have been a valuable member of the community had he done things differently.

If anyone is interested in reading his apology:
http://www.wra2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1770

In case you haven't noticed, there are NO AD's here and the cost of the server is donated.

Now please everyone, refrain from attacking George/air command and return to discussing building and flying water rockets. Despite all that he has done, even George/air command is welcome to participate in the discussions here provided he just isn't posting links here to his own site in an attempt to get a better Google ranking (as the spammers do).
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:No he hasn't PMed me. I will drop it now unless he does. I guess you guys are right. No need to start a fight.
Not so fast! He's the one who started all this for no reason, against people who were minding their own business.

Did you know that years ago he tried to organize a group of his buddies to deface a Wikipedia entry for the WRA2? he even offered to participate in the editing himself? Were you here when he signed up to this forum pretending to be a girl and then started accusing fellow forum users of sexual discrimination? I'm not making this up. There's proof and a confession to back me up!

You have every right not to trust him, and to speak freely if he does anything suspicious.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

WRA2 wrote: I think that the reason people have a problem now with his site is that it is designed to maximize AD revenue. He gets paid based on "views" of the ads and his website is designed to maximize views such as tiny thumbnail images forcing a click to view and another click to get back to the original page).
I thought ads on websites where always "pay per click" and not "pay per view"?
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

He might need them to afford his site after all.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

arjan wrote:
WRA2 wrote: I think that the reason people have a problem now with his site is that it is designed to maximize AD revenue. He gets paid based on "views" of the ads and his website is designed to maximize views such as tiny thumbnail images forcing a click to view and another click to get back to the original page).
I thought ads on websites where always "pay per click" and not "pay per view"?
So what you are saying is that George puts multiple ads on every page without any expectation of people clicking ? I suppose he might think they make it look really professional and add a lot of value to the site! I have a hard time accepting that, but I'll play along and accept that he's not motivated by greed.

But nothing you have said explains why aircommand arrived on the water rocket scene with his harassment targeting people who never had any contact with him ever before. He seems to have a full hate-on for anyone at or above his skill level.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Yeah I think your kinda right
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland