kno3 alternative

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

kno3 alternative

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Looked cool so I thought I might post, for those who can't quite get their hands on Kno3, I'm sure that they can get their hands on weed killer (sodium chlorate, which is an oxidizer) and some table sugar.
[youtube][/youtube]
wormster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: kno3 alternative

Post by wormster »

ARE you really a SIMPLETON? (Go and look up the meaning in a dictionary)

This is a forum devoted to WATER rockets!

Jeez where do these clowns come from?
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

wormster wrote:ARE you really a SIMPLETON? (Go and look up the meaning in a dictionary)

Got a problem?
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

wormster wrote:ARE you really a SIMPLETON? (Go and look up the meaning in a dictionary)

He DID post it to the "off topic" forum which is the correct place to post anything not related to water rockets.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
wormster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by wormster »

Ok fairysnuff!

HOWEVER there is the potential for weedkiller/sugar mixtures to be turned into bombs!

EVER thought of that and just HOW it might affect this forum if "the spooks" ever found out that some lunatic had blown up a shopping mall (or similar) after finding out how to make such stuff from this forum?
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

wormster wrote:Ok fairysnuff!

HOWEVER there is the potential for weedkiller/sugar mixtures to be turned into bombs!

EVER thought of that and just HOW it might affect this forum if "the spooks" ever found out that some lunatic had blown up a shopping mall (or similar) after finding out how to make such stuff from this forum?
Oh don't let the paranoia in. That's how governments justify mass surveilence programs. This is just a video he found on youtube.

I'm more concerned at that kid prepping a weed killer concoction in the kitchen with eating utensils.

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

bugwubber wrote:

Oh don't let the paranoia in. That's how governments justify mass surveilence programs. This is just a video he found on youtube.

I'm more concerned at that kid prepping a weed killer concoction in the kitchen with eating utensils.

Bugwubber
I'm not that stupid. It's not like its even that harmful. It just causes oxidation of the hemoglobin in your blood and makes it as thick as molasses. So far it seems like no one likes it. Whats that to me? Thought it was cool while I was searching for that.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Do you really think that is going to happen?
wormster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by wormster »

............AAAAAAnnnnnnnnnDDDDDDDDDDD back in the FARIDAY cage I GO................................ :coffee:
Alchemicallife
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Alchemicallife »

actually i would like to say that chlorates are not as stable and safe like KNO3 is i would go through heaven and earth to get KNO3
If you guys want a website for KNO3 : http://www.ihaveadotcom.com/cart/index. ... cts_id=486
The owners name is Phill and he's a nice honest guy about what he sells , I recemend buying in bulk because its cheaper , but that's just me ;)
working on a group call , Creative Water Aviation (C.W.A)
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Alchemicallife wrote:actually i would like to say that chlorates are not as stable and safe like KNO3 is i would go through heaven and earth to get KNO3
If you guys want a website for KNO3 : http://www.ihaveadotcom.com/cart/index. ... cts_id=486
The owners name is Phill and he's a nice honest guy about what he sells , I recemend buying in bulk because its cheaper , but that's just me ;)
I am not allowed to purchase or use kno3.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Alchemicallife wrote:actually i would like to say that chlorates are not as stable and safe like KNO3 is i would go through heaven and earth to get KNO3
I use Dihydrogen Monoxide even though it has killed more people than all other chemicals combined. #livingontheedge.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
I am not allowed to purchase or use kno3.
Are you allowed to purchase "Stump Remover"?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Since I am 15, my dad would have to take me to the store to purchase it (unless I can buy it from my neighbor, or have my friends smuggle it home for me). On the way to Home Depot, my dad would say, "Why do you need stump remover". I say "Uh? Well I know, I need to remove that tree in the woods." Things would go down hill from there as my dad has a pretty bad idea of me playing with explosives although I try to make him understand that it is just an oxidizer, he says that in school, he remembers it being flammable. I build a hybrid motor today and the flame melted the nozzle made of a metal garden hose connector. I made the oxygen from bleach and hydrogen peroxide and the fuel being PVC. I ignited it using steel wool.

Water Rocket Expert

SPWR
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.