The Snow Miser

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

The Snow Miser

Post by bugwubber »

Is sad that the snow is going away.
CAM00959.jpg
CAM00959.jpg (2.77 MiB) Viewed 57 times
CAM00954.jpg
CAM00954.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 57 times
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: The Snow Miser

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

It snowed here again last night but it is mostly getting warmer. Just like 1 inch.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

So here's why I named this craft The Snow Miser:

I sure hope it snows again in April.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Is there any snow on the ground today? Dude that sled is massive if I am looking at it right!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Is there any snow on the ground today? Dude that sled is massive if I am looking at it right!
There is and it is going to snow today because I took my snow tires off but life is pulling me away for a week. The forecast indicates warming next week so I doubt any that's on the ground will be left. Here's hoping.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:Is there any snow on the ground today? Dude that sled is massive if I am looking at it right!
There is and it is going to snow today because I took my snow tires off but life is pulling me away for a week. The forecast indicates warming next week so I doubt any that's on the ground will be left. Here's hoping.
The way the weather has been going the past few years, you should probably leave those snow tires on, or get a 4WD.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote: The way the weather has been going the past few years, you should probably leave those snow tires on, or get a 4WD.
Typically I do but I'm in Texas today. Snow tires don't do well with towing and warm temps. Got to watch Spring in fast forward like traveling through a time warp.

Brought the widemouth. We'll see what happens.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Why did you bring the launcher? Visiting somebody?
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Why did you bring the launcher? Visiting somebody?
Cause water rockets are really boring without a launcher.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

So you are staying there or just a road trip. I don't bring water rockets everywhere I go.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote: The way the weather has been going the past few years, you should probably leave those snow tires on, or get a 4WD.
Typically I do but I'm in Texas today. Snow tires don't do well with towing and warm temps. Got to watch Spring in fast forward like traveling through a time warp.

There's a lot of big flat areas down there with no trees or hills or anything! That's real water rocket country!

How did it go?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
bugwubber wrote:

There's a lot of big flat areas down there with no trees or hills or anything! That's real water rocket country!

How did it go?
Had a great time! Introduced The Texas Express to a man (my uncle) who only knew of the toy water rockets that went 30 feet. His reaction was priceless. I'll try to get that posted.

We actually went to East Texas where there are just as many trees, and they are bigger than they are here. They have pastures instead of crops so that works out better.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Please post that reaction. That would be awesome.

I will probably get back into rockets during the summer more. School has me backed up.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland