Greetings from Asia

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Rocketman2438

Greetings from Asia

Post by Rocketman2438 »

Hello everyone, Razz:

Since I saw some water rocket on the net, I started to love water rocket :D . After surfing a few weeks on the web, I found a lot but this is the greatest and surprising community 8) . Although I am just a student but hope to join you :W and hope one day I can make a great rocket like you !

Sorry for bad at English . . . :mrgreen:
TH:

Regards
mazuzuri
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Greetings from Asia

Post by mazuzuri »

Hello and welcome.

Great to hear of more people coming to enjoy waterrockets.
I'm sure you will be able to get all the help and info you need to make great rockets.

By the way your english isn't bad at all.
Rocketman2438

Post by Rocketman2438 »

Thank you mazuzuri

How is your project until now ?
mazuzuri
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by mazuzuri »

Well as you might have read the glue i used is too brittle for use as sealant in pressure chambers.
I have made a small half liter bottle that i plan on launching once my small rockets launcher is finished.
This however is only as a bit of fun until i recieve the polyurethane liquid so i can start moulding nozzle and end pieces for a FTC like rocket.
I said FTC like because it will be around the same diameter of a t12 but i will be making the tube length myself, this is due to the fact the one supplier of FTC tubes i found in my country has had a bit of a falling out with his supplier and as such no longer has them.

But enough about that, it should really be me asking what you have in the works, especially considering this is your greeting.
Rocketman2438

Post by Rocketman2438 »

Thank you for your reply

About me, i've gotten nothing yet, just a cable tied launcher and two water rocket, a single one and a coupled one.
And may i ask you about how to much pressure should we put into a coke bottle ? Kgf/cm2 ?
mazuzuri
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by mazuzuri »

Well you have to start somewhere, besides it is also fun to just launch small rockets.
About pressure, if you have the standard thin PET bottles, those really squishy ones then they can usually hold around 100psi for repeated use, and i have pressure tested them up to 160psi without ruptures.
But i would say unreinforced you can easily use your rockets multiple times at between 100-120 psi, of course it is also up to how high you want them to fly.
I would recommend you try doing some pressure testing of your own, especially on the coupled one.
1 kgf/cm2 equals about 14 psi.
Rocketman2438

Post by Rocketman2438 »

Thank you mazuzuri
mazuzuri
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by mazuzuri »

You are welcome, hope you get some good flights.
Rocketman2438

Post by Rocketman2438 »

Hope you have much more success in your project too. Good luck and thank you so much for your welcome