Crushing sleeve help

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Hamby77
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Crushing sleeve help

Post by Hamby77 »

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever built a crushing sleeve and what you used for materials I'm having a hard time finding a rigid tube to use and a flexible tube. I've checked out the only tutorial I could find mentioned on here but it doesn't say what materials to use specifically or where to find them. I live a long ways from a big city with any good stores. So I need stuff easily found around the house, like using an ink pen for the rigid tubing part. I have the threaded lamp rod and nuts but not much else. Any help and ideas would be great. Thanks.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Crushing sleeve help

Post by Alien Space Agency »

I do have an idea, but I haven't made one. For the nozzle part, you could use the cap from dish liquid containers, the ones with plungers (i don't know the name of those type of caps) then you could epoxy a washer on the ink pen to keep it aligned and to prevent it from being forced out the cap. For the stager, well, I don't know. This design eliminates the need to use a TLR which is a metal component.
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Crushing sleeve help

Post by Alien Space Agency »

So I did make my own CS. My sleeve was made of 8mm heatshrink and my pen tube is 7mm diameter. Now you know how I fitted it, probably. It stages in a 30 psi difference. I glued both components to their respective caps with CA glue (yes, super glue).
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous