Stability Question

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
retrotec29
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Stability Question

Post by retrotec29 »

ECCBA108-C337-43CF-8489-6420F90B013F.jpeg
No matter where you go, there you are. Buckaroo Banzai
Terranoid Labs
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Terranoid Labs »

It's been a while, life you know gets in the way of rocket science sometimes.

The large version of the fins in the last picture I posted flew to 427 feet, a personal best. The smaller version to 421 feet. Still crashing about 50% of the time, so the number one priority is redesigning the deploy mechanism. Based on some of the footage I've taken, I think it is coming down to the nosecone. It wasn't seating well, plus I'm convinced that the blunt parabola shape is the way to go aerodynamically.

Here's hoping the sparkling water craze continues to give us more sleek bottle designs to test.
retrotec29
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by retrotec29 »

Been elsware myself for some time. I was working on my high power L2 project this summer. Flight was successful so my attention has returned to the spakeling water puzzle. Weather here has kind of ended flying for the season. I will continue work and update soon.
retrotec29
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by retrotec29 »

Back at it. Developed a few new ideas for deployment over the winter. Looking to make another attempt next month. Airframe is done. Just adding the bits and pices.