Gardenia Launch Tubes

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Gardenia Launch Tubes

Post by Tim Chen »

Has anyone heard of a launch tube being used with a Gardenia Style Launcher? Is there a common tube which will fit snugly inside a standard gardenia or should I try and modify the nozzle to fit a stock pipe or tube?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Do you know George from Air Command? He mad a Launch tube for his rockets. He uses a Gardena nozzle. If you are looking into that i sugest you visit his site. Its really good.

Air command rockets
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:Do you know George from Air Command? He mad a Launch tube for his rockets. He uses a Gardena nozzle. If you are looking into that i sugest you visit his site. Its really good.

Air command rockets
Doesn't George have a lathe ane makes his own nozzles and other parts?
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Yes he does. He makes his own custom couplings and baffels for his rockets. He does very good work.
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
HenningNT
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Gardenia Launch Tubes

Post by HenningNT »

Tim Chen wrote:Has anyone heard of a launch tube being used with a Gardenia Style Launcher? Is there a common tube which will fit snugly inside a standard gardenia or should I try and modify the nozzle to fit a stock pipe or tube?
Yes, but I can't remember where...

I think the launch tube was from a tunnel tent, you know, the aluminium pipes that you stick into each other and bend to keep the tent up.

Awful explenation... :oops:
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

HenningNT wrote:
Tim Chen wrote:Has anyone heard of a launch tube being used with a Gardenia Style Launcher? Is there a common tube which will fit snugly inside a standard gardenia or should I try and modify the nozzle to fit a stock pipe or tube?
Yes, but I can't remember where...

I think the launch tube was from a tunnel tent, you know, the aluminium pipes that you stick into each other and bend to keep the tent up.

Awful explenation... :oops:
Good suggestions!

But........... I was just given a busted Golf club that's made from composites. It's hollow inside and fits perfectly in my nozzle. I am going to PL glue it inside the launcher and see how it works!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
HenningNT
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by HenningNT »

Gotta love recycling!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

HenningNT wrote:Gotta love recycling!
Be careful when working with this stuff. When I was handling the broken shaft I got a sliver of the carbon under my skin on my finger and I couldn't get it out. It broke into small bits and there was no way I could pick it out with tweezers. I went to my urgent care where a doctor cut the skin open and cleaned it out. This stuff is nasty to work with!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
HenningNT
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by HenningNT »

Reminds me of how optical fiber can enter the body, and travel about within the veins... A colleague of mine got some in his hand, and it surfaced on his back a while later. Unpleasant stuff...
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HenningNT wrote:Reminds me of how optical fiber can enter the body, and travel about within the veins... A colleague of mine got some in his hand, and it surfaced on his back a while later. Unpleasant stuff...
That sounds painful, and dangerous. What would happen of that had made it to his heart? Or got stuck in his brain?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Here is my solution:

15mm launchtube for gardena-profi-nozzle with spezial-batkiter-highspeednozzle.

Regards Batkiter
Attachments
Raketen 1040.jpg
Raketen 1053.jpg
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Batkiter wrote:
Here is my solution:

Regards Batkiter
Thanks for the pictures. Can I ask what are those white pieces and where did you get them?
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
xenon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by xenon »

How does the copper pipe attach to the white piece? How do you stop it from leaking there?
Batkiter

Gardena Launch Tubes

Post by Batkiter »

Andromeda wrote:
Batkiter wrote:
Here is my solution:

Regards Batkiter
Thanks for the pictures. Can I ask what are those white pieces and where did you get them?
Hi Andromeda!

The withe "pieces" on end of the pipe is a special part made by Batkiter, means, it is a checkvalve inside the part.

Mainreason: No water in the airhose and the airpressure is kompletly in the rocketbody, not into the hose!

Regards Batkiter
Batkiter

Gardena Launch Tubes

Post by Batkiter »

xenon wrote:How does the copper pipe attach to the white piece? How do you stop it from leaking there?
Hi Xenon!

The "withe piece" is a special part of nozzle, made by Batkiter. Longversion, with malehead from Gardena-Profi.
These nozzle is exactly 0,02mm bigger than the outside diameter from the pipe. 15,02mm. Therefor: no space for leaking!
It works perfekt!

Regards Batkiter