Some pics of todays flight

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Some pics of todays flight

Post by Mark Chen »

dwrrule wrote:those are hay fields the owner has been bailing hay for almost a week.
What are the tiny objects in the second photo? The one thing looks like it might be a tractor. What are the other things?
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

those are 2 of the owners kids, He has 5 boys an one girl, I made a launcher an a rocket for them for letting me use there field.
Aquafire
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aquafire »

dwrrule wrote:those are 2 of the owners kids, He has 5 boys an one girl, I made a launcher an a rocket for them for letting me use there field.
Wow! You made a great deal!

I'm sure they are having fun with it, and you get a great place to launch.
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

:D YEP!!!!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

dwrrule wrote:those are hay fields the owner has been bailing hay for almost a week.
Cool! Thanks!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Very nice photos. Water rockets seem to produce the best pictures. Most of the time when the pyro (regular) rocket are launched with cameras all you can see is desert sand and tumbleweeds (with an occasional cactus) which gives a very brown image). Yours are so green. Great job!
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Cloud Dancers wrote:
Very nice photos. Water rockets seem to produce the best pictures. Most of the time when the pyro (regular) rocket are launched with cameras all you can see is desert sand and tumbleweeds (with an occasional cactus) which gives a very brown image). Yours are so green. Great job!
It makes sense because water rockets are the only affordable camera platforms that go very high. Anyone anywhere can make one that can lift a good payload like a camera. If you want to fly a pyro rocket with a camera it would have to be a high power rocket because the hobby store Estes type rockets can't lift much mass. A high power pyro rocket is not going to be something the average guy like us can launch in a small field. They go to some desert or abandoned airfield and fly those, and the scenery is pretty boring in places like that.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Bicky 51

Post by Bicky 51 »

wat about an estes snapshot?
500 ft no licence required i have one as well as a few bottle rockets
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Bicky 51 wrote:wat about an estes snapshot?
500 ft no licence required i have one as well as a few bottle rockets
I've never used one. I've only heard about them. I don't see a lot of people talking about them so I assumed they weren't as popular. I guess I'm just getting spoiled because of guys like dwrrule who take video of their flights which to me is just amazingly cool stuff.

If you fly your camera I'd like to see some of the pictures too! I can't get enough of this stuff!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Bicky 51

Post by Bicky 51 »

i haven't had the film developed yet have only taken 6th pic out of 24 but here is the photo that came with it
Save0004.JPG
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Bicky 51 wrote:i haven't had the film developed yet have only taken 6th pic out of 24 but here is the photo that came with it
Save0004.JPG
I'd be interested to see how they come out once you get yours developed. Keep us posted!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise