Launch report 16 augustus. 529 feet! or 161 meter

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder

Launch report 16 augustus. 529 feet! or 161 meter

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

Here is our latest launch report.
I filmed it with my mobile phone so the quality wasnt very high.
But still its a pretty nice film!

The last launch on 8 juni we launched this same 8 liter rocket at 8 bar and 2 liters of water. And the apogee was 119 meters or 391 feet.

This time (16 august) we launched it at 10 bar and also 2 liters of water. And now we did get to 161 meters or 529 feet!

So maybe the next time we are gonna launch it at 12 bar and get to 200 meters! Lets hope so! :WRA2:

Also our latest parachute system did work perfectly! It is a double independent working system. so 2 parachutes at apogee!

Go watch it and leave a comment!

[youtube][/youtube]

This is our highest launch with altimeter.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Launch report 16 augustus. 529 feet! or 161 meter

Post by Tim Chen »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Here is our latest launch report.

The last launch on 8 juni we launched this same 8 liter rocket at 8 bar and 2 liters of water. And the apogee was 119 meters or 391 feet.

This time (16 august) we launched it at 10 bar and also 2 liters of water. And now we did get to 161 meters or 529 feet!

So maybe the next time we are gonna launch it at 12 bar and get to 200 meters! Lets hope so! :WRA2:

Also our latest parachute system did work perfectly! It is a double independent working system. so 2 parachutes at apogee!

[youtube][/youtube]

Great flight! You're really getting that thing up there! Your rocket goes so straight and true it's really cool to see. Thanks for posting the video!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Here is our latest launch report.

[youtube][/youtube]

Hi Daan,
Very impressive flight video. Your rocket design must be quite efficient as you appear to be going nearly as high and higher in some cases than some of the multi-stage/multi-engine/complex rockets that seem to be all the rage these days. We've always been fans of the simple single-stage rocket, because complicated rockets push the limits of what people can legally launch without special licenses and permits. Please keep us all updated on your progress and how the rocket worked at higher pressure.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

Untill now we are a bit scared to put higher pressures in the rocket.
We dont want to blow up the rocket because its just a good rocket!
But we will push the rocket further then 10 bar :) i promise