HHWRSA Intro

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

HHWRSA Intro

Post by thampson »

Hi everyone, Ive been looking through the forum for a few weeks while we have been making our first water rockets, so I though I better introduce ourselves.

HHWRSA is our own space agency for our water rockets, a bit of a play on words from NASA, my son and I are both space nuts so we decided in the last holiday to make a water rocket and launch it for some science fun. We are located in Sydney Australia.

After our first single bottle rocket we have had lots of fun modifying and flying modifications to it and have nearlly completed our first multi-bottle rocket which we hope to fly this weekend.

With the step up to the multi bottle rocket we have included a robinson coupling, a nosecone with timer, a parachute as well as a removable fin assembly.

It seems to be a bit addictive, the building and flying of the rockets that is :) so while we are having fun we will keep flying. I have been updating our progress and building methods on our HHWRSA blog (http://wrocket.hampson.net.au) so check it out if you get a chance.

Look forward to talking to you in the forums :)

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
reno1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: HHWRSA Intro

Post by reno1 »

Welcome Todd, Man great job on your web site, looks like you are going to be a great asset to this forum. :D Good luck with you and your son's launch this weekend. Looks like you have got the water rocket bug! Hee, Hee :D I'll check back to see how it went.
D. Reno, Team Leader.
Team Pump It!
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Welcome to the forum Todd,

This is a great forum to meet others that share the water rocket hobby :D
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum! It would appear that you've gotten seriously infected by these Water Rockets. I think I'm going to enjoy reading your blog. Nice meeting you!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

thampson wrote:Hi everyone, Ive been looking through the forum for a few weeks while we have been making our first water rockets, so I though I better introduce ourselves.

HHWRSA is our own space agency for our water rockets, a bit of a play on words from NASA, my son and I are both space nuts so we decided in the last holiday to make a water rocket and launch it for some science fun. We are located in Sydney Australia.

After our first single bottle rocket we have had lots of fun modifying and flying modifications to it and have nearlly completed our first multi-bottle rocket which we hope to fly this weekend.

With the step up to the multi bottle rocket we have included a robinson coupling, a nosecone with timer, a parachute as well as a removable fin assembly.

It seems to be a bit addictive, the building and flying of the rockets that is :) so while we are having fun we will keep flying. I have been updating our progress and building methods on our HHWRSA blog (http://wrocket.hampson.net.au) so check it out if you get a chance.

Look forward to talking to you in the forums :)

-todd-
Welcome to the forum Todd,

You will find many friends and lots of useful information here.

Please tell anyone else you know that is interested in water rocketry about our forum :)
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
thampson

Post by thampson »

thanks for the comments, glad to be part of the group

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

Hi Todd, welcome to the forum. Nice blog you have there! It's great to see someone so enthused about Water Rockets!

With so many nice people on here we're going to have to find a way to visit more often!