New Videos

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
chriswaterrockets
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

New Videos

Post by chriswaterrockets »

Hey everyone

I have two new videos on youtube:
One about my launcher:
[youtube][/youtube]

and one about splicing and coupling:
[youtube][/youtube]

regards christian
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New Videos

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Nice videos, Christian! The ring you put around your guide rails with the slots for fins to pass through is a great solution to stabilize the guide rails. One question: did you make the non return valve or is that an off-the-shelf component? Thanks.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
chriswaterrockets
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by chriswaterrockets »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:Nice videos, Christian! The ring you put around your guide rails with the slots for fins to pass through is a great solution to stabilize the guide rails. One question: did you make the non return valve or is that an off-the-shelf component? Thanks.
Hi and thanks!
I bought the non return valve in a hardware store, because I don't have the equipment to make such things at home.
christian
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chriswaterrockets wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:Nice videos, Christian! The ring you put around your guide rails with the slots for fins to pass through is a great solution to stabilize the guide rails. One question: did you make the non return valve or is that an off-the-shelf component? Thanks.
Hi and thanks!
I bought the non return valve in a hardware store, because I don't have the equipment to make such things at home.
christian
I have made my own non return valve by placing a washer inside the tee at the base of my launcher and then screwing a short nipple on top to hold the washer in place. I put a ball bearing inside the nipple and that's all. No tools required. It did leak slightly but I put some silicone under the washer because the bottom of the tee was not smooth and after that it holds very well.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"