our launcher

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

our launcher

Post by C.I.A.C »

hi,, here i have some fhotos of my launcher
it`s maded by the cable ties sistem
Attachments
TR-2.JPG
TR-2.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 380 times
lanzador.JPG
lanzador.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 380 times
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: our launcher

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Aye Caramba! That looks like a sturdy launch platform! What is it makde out of? It looks like welded steel plate to me!

Is that 5 gallon drinking water bottle a rocket too? I've never seen anyone make a rocket from one of these except on mythbusters!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Hello C.I.A.C,

Nice launcher you have there. Just one question. What does the second rope control? I see that one of then controls the PVC pipe that holds the ties but the other is connected to a metal lever of some kind. Is that some kind of valve to either fill the rocket or dump pressure in an emergency?
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by C.I.A.C »

hi, again

the water galon is for just water, because theres no water in that place

and the plataform of the launcher is iron and we have 4 of that plataforms, its made for airports lights , i get it because my dad make airport lights :wink:

the secondary rope is for the steel lever that secures the iron pipe, if the steel lever wasnt there the pipe slips down :mrgreen:
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

C.I.A.C wrote:hi, again
the secondary rope is for the steel lever that secures the iron pipe, if the steel lever wasnt there the pipe slips down :mrgreen:
I don't get it either. Can you explain more? If it holds the iron pipe in place then why does it have a rope to release it remotely as well as the rope to pull down the collar remotely?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by C.I.A.C »

that steel thing is just to make sure that the iron pipe won`t slip down because some bottles are damaged and de cable ties and the pipe haven`t a good grip,

its just a safety mechanism that it assured that the rocket does not fly without previous warning :mrgreen:

we had cases that the rocket flew without previous warning :shock:
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

C.I.A.C wrote:hi, again

the water galon is for just water, because theres no water in that place

and the plataform of the launcher is iron and we have 4 of that plataforms, its made for airports lights , i get it because my dad make airport lights :wink:

Thanks for explaining the launcher for me. If you ever decide to fly that big water jug, I'd love to see it! :lol:
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

C.I.A.C wrote:that steel thing is just to make sure that the iron pipe won`t slip down because some bottles are damaged and de cable ties and the pipe haven`t a good grip,

its just a safety mechanism that it assured that the rocket does not fly without previous warning :mrgreen:

we had cases that the rocket flew without previous warning :shock:
Thanks for answering. Unplanned takeoffs are such a drag (it really messes up your deploy if you are using a timer) :(
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by C.I.A.C »

hi,

if you can see the picture number 1 you`ll see that the deploy sistem is gravital and not electrical is better because its simple and it isnt heavy

see my video here, you will see the deploy sistem working

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=42113229