Micro Digital Camcorder

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
reno1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Micro Digital Camcorder

Post by reno1 »

reno1 wrote:Hi, just wanted to show off my new micro digital camcorder. Only cost me 29 bucks! But the old saying "you get what you pay for" applies here. Video resolution is only 320*240 @ 10fps with sound, but it will do me just fine. It weighs 60 grams with the batteries, but can be trimmed down. Will fit inside of a FTC tube and record up to 360 seconds of video. Can't wait to try it out!
Here is a update on my micro digital camcorder setup. I took the outer shell off and modifed the camera to use a rechargeable lypo battery. The battery is used for the camera and the altimeter. Before, the stock camera with two AA batteries weighed 60 grams and now the camera, battery, altimeter, and foam weighs only 29 grams! I have ground tested the camera and altimeter and both word just fine, can't wait to put this in a rocket and do some testing.
Attachments
DSC00729.JPG
DSC00729.JPG (155.27 KiB) Viewed 142 times
DSC00708.JPG
DSC00708.JPG (158.78 KiB) Viewed 142 times
DSC00746.JPG
DSC00746.JPG (151.04 KiB) Viewed 142 times
D. Reno, Team Leader.
Team Pump It!
team-helder
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by team-helder »

nice :)
water rockets are fun what i mean with fun wen u put some foam in it and let ur dad leanch it right next to it !
team-helder
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by team-helder »

NICE
water rockets are fun what i mean with fun wen u put some foam in it and let ur dad leanch it right next to it !
A5Ben
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by A5Ben »

I looked for this camera while at WalMart today. Does anyone know if they are still being sold?

Ben
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

A5Ben wrote:I looked for this camera while at WalMart today. Does anyone know if they are still being sold?

Ben
I saw them at Super Wal-Mart back in February. I know Super Wal-Mart and regular Wal-mart often carry different products. Maybe you can check another store?

I think this is the same one:
http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/product- ... =964758372
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

A5Ben wrote:I looked for this camera while at WalMart today. Does anyone know if they are still being sold?
There's a supplier on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sakar-30690-Digit ... B0019RWMT0
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton