4 liters water rockets 89m

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

4 liters water rockets 89m

Post by C.I.A.C »

here you con find my 4 liters water rocket

it flew 89m almost 90m !!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=41912084
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

Re: 4 liters water rockets 89m

Post by thampson »

Nice video. Looked like that rocket magnet (tree) caught it too .. only one I could see in the video too :)

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

thampson wrote:Nice video. Looked like that rocket magnet (tree) caught it too .. only one I could see in the video too :)

-todd-
Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

That reminds me, what's the best way to get water rockets (and anything else) out of trees? Do you guys have much trouble getting your rockets hung up? How do you get them out?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
nonickname
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by nonickname »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
thampson wrote:Nice video. Looked like that rocket magnet (tree) caught it too .. only one I could see in the video too :)

-todd-

That reminds me, what's the best way to get water rockets (and anything else) out of trees? Do you guys have much trouble getting your rockets hung up? How do you get them out?
I have a long hollow metal curtain rod with a kind of blunt point on the end which works for smaller trees. If it's a larger tree (and a rocket worth the trouble) I use a ladder.

Though due to where we live I don't really use recovery systems much so there's less to get stuck in trees.
monboy10
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by monboy10 »

to get rockets and other stuff out of trees i use a shovel made to get snow off of the roof but i just don't put the shovel on it i only use the pole
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

monboy10 wrote:to get rockets and other stuff out of trees i use a shovel made to get snow off of the roof but i just don't put the shovel on it i only use the pole
Our dad has a thing like that but it has an aluminum pole that comes in secments that snap together and you can connect many of them together to make the pole as long as you need. We could use that as long as we are not near any power lines!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
monboy10
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by monboy10 »

Tim Chen wrote:
monboy10 wrote:to get rockets and other stuff out of trees i use a shovel made to get snow off of the roof but i just don't put the shovel on it i only use the pole
Our dad has a thing like that but it has an aluminum pole that comes in secments that snap together and you can connect many of them together to make the pole as long as you need. We could use that as long as we are not near any power lines!
yep his one is metal and has parts that conect together i just never put on the shovel part when getting stuff out of trees
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by C.I.A.C »

well...
we use in that moment a glass bottle and a rope...

i want to post some videos to the class b water rocket but i cant... why? some one can tell me why?
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

C.I.A.C wrote:well...
we use in that moment a glass bottle and a rope...

i want to post some videos to the class b water rocket but i cant... why? some one can tell me why?
Did you fill out the WRA2 membership application? If so did you use the same name for your team. The membership application is located at http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Membership_Application.php. Once you fill out the application your posting ability to the WRA2 class B submissions area will be enabled. :WRA2:

We look forward to your submission.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dongfang »

Hi,

Nice flight! That´s typical: Only one single tree in sight, and then the rocket decides to land in it.

Regards
Soren
C.I.A.C
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by C.I.A.C »

ok thats right i´am agree with you...

the only tree :lol:
CSAldridge
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by CSAldridge »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

-todd-

chainsaw... 8P

(evil no-good rocket eating monstrosities from hell, we should chop them all down and make launch facilities out of them. well, ok, not all of them. just the rocket eating ones. and any nearby, you know they were laughing when it happened... evil no-good rocket eating............)
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

CSAldridge wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

-todd-

chainsaw... 8P

(evil no-good rocket eating monstrosities from hell, we should chop them all down and make launch facilities out of them. well, ok, not all of them. just the rocket eating ones. and any nearby, you know they were laughing when it happened... evil no-good rocket eating............)
They don't belong to me because we borrow our launch area and we have to leave things as we found them. I'd love to be able to chop trees down, but that would get us kicked off the property.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise