parachute deployment just an idea

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Alex

Re: parachute deployment just an idea

Post by Alex »

Owned
Sorry, 14 year old instinct :oops:

Anywho, i've just come up with a pretty good Deployment system....no timers needed and such....Though it's kinda complicated to explain.....
Water Rockets are amazing things, One second there sitting on the launch pad, the next, splattered all over your shirt.
air.command

Post by air.command »

WRA2 Admin wrote:
air.command wrote: As I mentioned the reason there were no references to this website or the ideas presented here was solely because of the personal attacks on us coming directly from here. It had nothing to do with yourself, and you certainly have a right to feel hurt to have been dragged into this. You and Mark have very good ideas and the water rocket community certainly benefits from them. You will agree from our website we do provide references to other people's work all the time. I have no issue with people critising the things we do but when attacks become personal that is a different matter.
George,

Thank you for apologizing to Tim and Mark,

Your explanation for not linking here because you feel that some people here attacked you doesn't help matters. You want people to think that you are justified because you are the victim of attacks from Bill. From Bill's point of view, you are the one who instigated trouble by conspiring in public with people who were attacking the WRA2 Wikipedia entry. You're not the victim, but the aggressor in that case.

I tried to mend the fences and invited you to come here and enjoy our forum because I want everyone to get along well, but you really didn't do anything differently and it really looks like you have tried to stir up trouble with Bill through your entries on your personal website. This is one of the main reasons we created this forum. To be a central place for ideas to be shared within a united community. Your actions though, appear to everyone that you are working against that goal.

If you and Bill want to flame one another please take it offline. The forum has a private message function that can be used for this purpose. Maybe you guys can work it out by talking to each other. If this continues I will suspend BOTH of your accounts for 30 days!
Hi David,

Fair enough. Thank you for clarifying WRA2's position. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Tim and Mark, the offer of a joint project still stands if you are interested (I'll send you an email with one you may be interested in). We will continue to do development and write progress on our website as water rockets are just way too much fun. We will go back and update our site with references to the afore mentioned issues with the next update.

My appologies as well to the other rocketeers here. I would like to thank those who have shown their support through emails. As always we are happy to answer any questions people have about any issues.

Cheers

- George
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

WRA2 Admin wrote:
air.command wrote: As I mentioned the reason there were no references to this website or the ideas presented here was solely because of the personal attacks on us coming directly from here. It had nothing to do with yourself, and you certainly have a right to feel hurt to have been dragged into this. You and Mark have very good ideas and the water rocket community certainly benefits from them. You will agree from our website we do provide references to other people's work all the time. I have no issue with people critising the things we do but when attacks become personal that is a different matter.
George,

Thank you for apologizing to Tim and Mark,

Your explanation for not linking here because you feel that some people here attacked you doesn't help matters. You want people to think that you are justified because you are the victim of attacks from Bill. From Bill's point of view, you are the one who instigated trouble by conspiring in public with people who were attacking the WRA2 Wikipedia entry. You're not the victim, but the aggressor in that case.

I tried to mend the fences and invited you to come here and enjoy our forum because I want everyone to get along well, but you really didn't do anything differently and it really looks like you have tried to stir up trouble with Bill through your entries on your personal website. This is one of the main reasons we created this forum. To be a central place for ideas to be shared within a united community. Your actions though, appear to everyone that you are working against that goal.

If you and Bill want to flame one another please take it offline. The forum has a private message function that can be used for this purpose. Maybe you guys can work it out by talking to each other. If this continues I will suspend BOTH of your accounts for 30 days!
Thanks David for the balanced view.

Apologies to anyone who may have been upset over this discussion. I am sorry I let people cause me to lose my temper. I will try harder to turn the other cheek in the future. I'd set my forum profile to "ignore" them but since they never contribute anything that won't be necessary.

Thanks to everyone else for their kind PM's and emails of support! It means a lot to me to know how you feel!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Alex

Post by Alex »

Glad that's over....I was about to get the thunderdrome ready so you lot can go settle this through a fight to the death...

I had the popcorn ready and everything :(
Water Rockets are amazing things, One second there sitting on the launch pad, the next, splattered all over your shirt.
monboy10
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by monboy10 »

Alex wrote:Glad that's over....I was about to get the thunderdrome ready so you lot can go settle this through a fight to the death...

i just finshed putting my popcorn in the mircowave :)
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

monboy10 wrote:
Alex wrote:Glad that's over....I was about to get the thunderdrome ready so you lot can go settle this through a fight to the death...

He wisely dropped the subject because he is scared I will post more examples. I can't stoop down to unprovoked attacks just for entertaining you guys! :P
Bill W.
Team Seneca
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

monboy10 wrote:

Microwave popcorn has a lot of chemicals in it that are bad for you. You should get an air popper!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
monboy10
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by monboy10 »

my popcorn is scout popcorn that i sold to myself :)