which track pump

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: which track pump

Post by dongfang »

Hi,

Sure I know of a place in Zürich where they have the SKS Rennkompressor. But I think you might find that in any really well-assorted, semi-snobbish store for serious racing bikes. It relly seems to be very good, although certainly not cheap.

Regards
Soren
160psi
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by 160psi »

Just an update to this post - I bought the Joeblow Ace in the end and after around 6 months of use it is brilliant - it inflates fast to around 60psi using both cylinders and then progressively more slowly using either the wide or narrow cylinder independantly - this pump is great for blowing apart all of your rockets if you are not careful! It is well made and has coped with beach sand well!
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

160psi wrote:Just an update to this post - I bought the Joeblow Ace in the end and after around 6 months of use it is brilliant - it inflates fast to around 60psi using both cylinders and then progressively more slowly using either the wide or narrow cylinder independantly - this pump is great for blowing apart all of your rockets if you are not careful! It is well made and has coped with beach sand well!
Thanks for the update. Can you tell me weather or not a regular person can use this pump to get to a decent high pressure? I'm no Arnold Swarzenegger and don't want to throw my back out on a pump. Is it fairly easy or do you need to use a lot of effort?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
160psi
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by 160psi »

When you use it on the lower pressures (ie high volume) it gets to be hard work at about 60psi, then you move it to the next stage and it gets hard at about 120psi. On the third stage it is dead easy all the time, pumps just a small amount of air but at very high pressure - my six year old can pump it on this setting easily. The stroke is much longer than other pumps I have used, which also gives you less backache (I am fairly tall). Hope this helps.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

160psi wrote:When you use it on the lower pressures (ie high volume) it gets to be hard work at about 60psi, then you move it to the next stage and it gets hard at about 120psi. On the third stage it is dead easy all the time, pumps just a small amount of air but at very high pressure - my six year old can pump it on this setting easily. The stroke is much longer than other pumps I have used, which also gives you less backache (I am fairly tall). Hope this helps.
Hi! Can you tell me if the pump switches automatic from one mode to another or is there some kind of valve or something you need to move to make the transition from lower to higher pressure operation?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
160psi
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by 160psi »

there is a lever switch on the handle, manually operated.