Congratulations, USA

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
rockets-in-brighton

Congratulations, USA

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

To our American friends, congratulations on the inauguration of your 44th President. I hope he is a force for good in your country and in the wider world.

Please also remind him that if he is interested in water rockets, he should drop by here.
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Congratulations, USA

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rockets-in-brighton wrote:To our American friends, congratulations on the inauguration of your 44th President. I hope he is a force for good in your country and in the wider world.

Please also remind him that if he is interested in water rockets, he should drop by here.
I'm sure he's preoccupied with keeping the economy from collapsing. Maybe after the recovery we can ask him. :mrgreen:
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

That is....he will be preoccupied with the economy, once he figures out this stimulus idea is stupid. He hasn't figured out the solution to all of man kinds problems...... all the banks to fall, allow the water rockets to rise.....and George Washington will rise from his grave to haunt the souls of the speculators and corrupt bank and government officials....hahah. I'm just kidding, but i do think the stimulus idea is wack.
"Speak softly, but carry a big stick"
-Andrew Lee

http://thruststormrockets.blogspot.com/
Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

Andrewlee wrote:That is....he will be preoccupied with the economy, once he figures out this stimulus idea is stupid. He hasn't figured out the solution to all of man kinds problems...... all the banks to fall, allow the water rockets to rise.....and George Washington will rise from his grave to haunt the souls of the speculators and corrupt bank and government officials....hahah. I'm just kidding, but i do think the stimulus idea is wack.
He's also preoccupied with radio talk show hosts too. :shock: :shock:
Don't tread on me!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Trailblazer wrote:
Andrewlee wrote:That is....he will be preoccupied with the economy, once he figures out this stimulus idea is stupid. He hasn't figured out the solution to all of man kinds problems...... all the banks to fall, allow the water rockets to rise.....and George Washington will rise from his grave to haunt the souls of the speculators and corrupt bank and government officials....hahah. I'm just kidding, but i do think the stimulus idea is wack.
He's also preoccupied with radio talk show hosts too. :shock: :shock:
I think the news media is just trying to make up an exciting story for ratings. It seems like it's a non-issue.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

Well, when the teleprompter tells him to say it's not an issue, we may know. Of course, i thought of paying some ome to put "I resign" on the teleprompter.... since that's the only way he can do his speeches. I can see it now.
-Andrew Lee

Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Andrewlee wrote:Well, when the teleprompter tells him to say it's not an issue, we may know. Of course, i thought of paying some ome to put "I resign" on the teleprompter.... since that's the only way he can do his speeches. I can see it now.
The cheapskate gave the Prime Minister 25 DVD's as a gift. Can you say SNUB??? Ouch!
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

Andromeda wrote: The cheapskate gave the Prime Minister 25 DVD's as a gift. Can you say SNUB??? Ouch!
Well, that depends: were they DVD-ROM or DVD+RW?
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

rockets-in-brighton wrote:
Andromeda wrote: The cheapskate gave the Prime Minister 25 DVD's as a gift. Can you say SNUB??? Ouch!
Well, that depends: were they DVD-ROM or DVD+RW?
That is funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet he sent the terrorist groups nice gifts.
Don't tread on me!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Is this one of those urban legends started by the tin-foil hat wearing loonies?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

I just heard that the DVD's WERE Reigon 1!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Don't tread on me!
Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

Hey, at least he didn;t offer him part of the stimulus package. A little bit of Socilism anyone.
Besides, ijust figured out what Obama means.... One Big Arse Mistake America.
Of course, i have no room to speak. I protested the poor choice selection in candidates by not voting. Neither were worth my vote
-Andrew Lee

Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Andrewlee wrote:Hey, at least he didn;t offer him part of the stimulus package. A little bit of Socilism anyone.
Besides, ijust figured out what Obama means.... One Big Arse Mistake America.
Of course, i have no room to speak. I protested the poor choice selection in candidates by not voting. Neither were worth my vote
I doubt there's always going to be a time when all available candidates are equally good or bad that you cannot find one to vote for. Poor voter turnout and voter apathy is going to kill democracy. The least you can do is honor our forefathers and all of the men who made the ultimate sacrifice so you can have your vote by using it!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

But of course, they also fought for the right to choose what was best for our country and our way of life. when the point come, that both candidates would only screw that way of life up, it is some times required to object through omission.
One must realize, that in a sense, this was my vote. I voted for neither because both were equally poor candidates.
I do honor what they did to pay for my right, and what those who serve today do as well. I myself chose to serve so I could claim that I paid for my own rights, and those of my family. It is through that, that i decided the best path to go, to show my objection to the stupidity that was unleashed in this previous election, was to not vote. If I could of rallied enough people, then both candidates could have been thrown out, because neither would be able to get 270 votes.
But, this is my idealism, and not many people would follow in my almost rebel attitude.
I do love my country, i will not vote for something that will destroy its basic values.

Sorry if I rambled and babbled, it is 0030 here, and I just finished trying to fix up my paper on justice. Maybe next time I should submit it here, and see what you all think. haha
-Andrew Lee

Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

And by the way, I respect your opinion on my actions, that is what makes our country so great, the ability to choose what we believe in. As long as we do it in a peaceful manner, and resort not to violence, but to debate and negotiation, all that is lost and be regained in this nation, in the manner that our founders designed it to be done.
-Andrew Lee