Anyone else from ireland!!

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone else from ireland!!

Post by WRA2 »

Blogser321 wrote:

Thanks for the email David.

Any way, all the best

Richard
Clear Skies, and stright flights.
Welcome to the Forum Richard. :W

Were happy to have you here. The purpose of this forum is to have a common place where everyone can discuss rockets.

Enjoy the forum! :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

pink13penguin wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linux guru - no sorry. I was always the pink penguin!! I always wamted to see a pink one! :D :D When I first subcribed for something Pink Penguin was taking so I threw a number between and pink13penguin has always stuck since then.
Sorry. My bad.

Every time someone mentions penguins online there's a 99.999999% chance they are talking about Linux!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
pink13penguin
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by pink13penguin »

Hey Richard,
:W to the forum here. Are there any more rocketeers up north than there are at the east here?

I seen these bottles before!! Are they the ones with the yellow label? I've actually never tried to use one of them so I must give it a shot one day.
I'm not sure have you seen these pepsi bottles but the plastic is thicker than a usual bottlw which is abnormal due to higher costs!!

Anyway, you've after got me excited now - I'm going to get one of those bottles!!

Cheers!
Cian,

Pepsi - http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad12 ... mview=grid
"If space is truly infinite, then there is infinite possibility - Tom DeLonge".
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

pink13penguin wrote:Sorry, That's Galway in New york!!!!! :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!

There's a Galway in the west of Ireland aswell!!!!!!!!!!11

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:
Galway, NY was founded by immigrants from Galway, Ireland. They named their town after their former home, so we are connected. They chose this area specifically because the beautiful scenery reminded them of their original homeland.

You're like a cousin! Welcome to the forum!!!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Blogser321 wrote:Hi Cian,

Your not the only one from Ireland, Ilive over in good old Donegal, and have just been co-opted across from the Yahoo water rocket board, and the ****.
Thanks for the email David.

As for the bottles over here, You can get the 75cl bottles that are used by Schwepps for tonic water etc. They are blown from the same pre-form as a standerd 1 ltr bottle, but becuase they are on 75cl the wall thickenss is much greater, around 1.2mm. These are good and safe for repeated 120psi launches and lawn dart landings. I have flown some of them more times than I can remember, and there still going strong after 3 years :)

Try to get the older bottles, the ones with the dimples on the neck, the new ones are realy thin walled, cutbacks you know, less PET to pay for.

If you only have thin walled bottles do the trick of shrinking one bottle over the outside of another. In one statick test on a 2ltr bottle I took it upto 380 psi, and still couldn't get it to fail, great for CO2 lauches.

Any way, all the best

Richard
Clear Skies, and stright flights.
Hello, Richard! Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Blogser321

Post by Blogser321 »

Hi Cian

I seen these bottles before!! Are they the ones with the yellow label? I've actually never tried to use one of them so I must give it a shot one day.
I'm not sure have you seen these pepsi bottles but the plastic is thicker than a usual bottlw which is abnormal due to higher costs!!

Anyway, you've after got me excited now - I'm going to get one of those bottles!!

That's the bottles, they also use them for Ginger Ale, Soda water etc.
I must upload some pics of some of the wrockets I used to make of from.

I took a quick look at the link, are they the ones that come with the 25% or 33% extra ??

There are a couple of people that I know of in Roscommon, they come up to Donegal once a month to the north to watch pyro rockets being launched.

All the best;
Richard.