hi...I am also from malaysia...

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
khairulrzl

hi...I am also from malaysia...

Post by khairulrzl »

hi to all...
begin my first simple WR few years back... now back again with this hobby with new ideas from the net.... just finish up making my launcher and manage to launch my first WR, a bit rusty... still need improvment... hoping can share knowledge and ideas with others....

http://picasaweb.google.com/9w2krr/Roke ... directlink

p/s : several pic me and my friend manage a WR tournament for primary scholl.... hoping to encourage students....
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: hi...I am also from malaysia...

Post by Jelo »

:W seems malaysia is the place to be for water rockets
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

hi khairulrzl :W
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Welcome to the forum, khairulrzl!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ninja_iga »

hi Khairul!

nice to meet you, i'm Stanley in the Damansara area.

where do you launch and when? :D

can meet up to launch together and exchange ideas :)
Stanlley Tai

+6012-211-3039 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +6012-211-3039      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
events, supplies, design and manufacturer, training and consultation
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org
khairulrzl

Post by khairulrzl »

hello ninja_iga....

nice to meet you ... :shock:

i live in damansara damai.....usually launched my WR at my workplace after office hour, actually its a school field... that is at SK Bandar Baru Sri Damansara 2....

not sure when is my next launch... right now I'm trying to make another launcher using the gardener connector... first attempt was a failure :cry: ..... still thinking what gone wrong and find the solution .... :?:

yah... may be on the next launch i will inform you.... exchange ideas.... :D

:roll:
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ninja_iga »

hi Khairul

nice to meet you too!

i've just managed to source the brass Gardena type quick release, i got it from SS2 Chow Yang's hardware store for RM24
yea we should meet up first prior to launch :mrgreen:

have you seen my Wrockets?
can we launch at the school?
Stanlley Tai

+6012-211-3039 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +6012-211-3039      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org
khairulrzl

Post by khairulrzl »

hi again stanley....

thx for the info.... a just looking the right gardener connector... cause the one that i had is a plastic type with a white plastic clip inside it... the problem that i had with the white plastic clip type of release that is its hard to release the WR when i put on high pressure... i want to ask you whether the brass gardener quick release that you just bought it had a ball bearing type or the white plastic clip.....???? cause i want to find the ball bearing type... i think it had a smooth release...... i already search all hardware store near my area , they didn't sell the one with a ball bearing inside, just the one with a plastic clip.... :?

at my school field also can launch, and we have to wait all the student went home.. ( for safety reason ) but for your information my school is near a road site and a housing area and flat..... we can still manage to launch if we make sure the land site for the rocket couldn't reach it.... for now, we have launched at least more than 30x times... and haven't yet land near the road site or the housing area ( maybe its depend on the wind condition hi hi hi hi hi .......... )

I have to postpone my next launched for a few days cause going for out station... maybe next week we'll make another launched ... new project in progress on coming hi hi h hi hi hi hi.... :mrgreen:

thx... see again...
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ninja_iga »

khairulrzl wrote:hi again stanley....

thx for the info.... a just looking the right gardener connector... cause the one that i had is a plastic type with a white plastic clip inside it... the problem that i had with the white plastic clip type of release that is its hard to release the WR when i put on high pressure... i want to ask you whether the brass gardener quick release that you just bought it had a ball bearing type or the white plastic clip.....???? cause i want to find the ball bearing type... i think it had a smooth release...... i already search all hardware store near my area , they didn't sell the one with a ball bearing inside, just the one with a plastic clip.... :?

at my school field also can launch, and we have to wait all the student went home.. ( for safety reason ) but for your information my school is near a road site and a housing area and flat..... we can still manage to launch if we make sure the land site for the rocket couldn't reach it.... for now, we have launched at least more than 30x times... and haven't yet land near the road site or the housing area ( maybe its depend on the wind condition hi hi hi hi hi .......... )

I have to postpone my next launched for a few days cause going for out station... maybe next week we'll make another launched ... new project in progress on coming hi hi h hi hi hi hi.... :mrgreen:

thx... see again...
hey Khairul

the one i've found is ball bearings ;)
actually the problem you're facing is a common one, due to the pressure, it produces alot a friction from the parts all stressed up.

check out http://www.aircommandrockets.com for George's lever system. I'm using a similar one as well, my Clark Cable launcher is also a bit difficult to launch.
with the lever it's super smooth ;)

i'm worried about that, because my WRockets are at least 4,4liters and above.. maybe we could also launch in the Kota Damansara, my friend says some guys fly RC planes there, should be big enough.

do you use a recovery system?
PM me your contact number?
Stanlley Tai

STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org
khairulrzl

Post by khairulrzl »

stanley... i can't find the hardware shop that you mention at ss2, can you give me a direction or the the exact location.... tq
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ninja_iga »

do you know where Chou Yang is? there is a Nasi Kandar restaurant there (corner lot)

look in the middle, it's also a corner lot, intermediate unit.
that shop carries alot of pneumatic brass fittings as well! :mrgreen:
Stanlley Tai

STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ninja_iga »

name of shop

WingLi Hardware & Engineering
no.111 & 113, Jalan SS2/6

03-78760781
Stanlley Tai

STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

ninja_iga wrote:name of shop

WingLi Hardware & Engineering
no.111 & 113, Jalan SS2/6

03-78760781
Is that close to the Secret Recipe Cakes & Cafe? (oh, the magic of Google Maps!)
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ninja_iga »

lol, you actually googled it?

yea i think it's bout 200m away, using a Wrocket's flight path.. :WRA2:
Stanlley Tai

STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org
prempakar
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by prempakar »

Hi guys...khairul and stan....do include me in man