Hi, Sid here

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
SiddharthHanda

Hi, Sid here

Post by SiddharthHanda »

Hi all,
Im a beginner at this. I needed some guidance before I venture into making water rockets. I will starting in a week, so any help, guidance on materials, initial conditions, anything at all to take care of would be deeply appreciated..

I plan on experimenting with a 2 lt bottle, with card board fins and a nose of the same plastic bottle. Have no clue how to make the hole for air pressure inlet accurately.

Thanx
Sid
RebelRockets
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Hi, Sid here

Post by RebelRockets »

Welcome Sid!

Keep reading the forum and you will find everything you will need to start out and continue improving your work for a long time.

I am not sure what you mean by making the hole for air pressure inlet accurately. I'm guessing you mean installing a tire valve on your launcher some how? If not please explain and someone will probably have an answer for you soon.

Dennis
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hi, Sid here

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

SiddharthHanda wrote:Hi all,
Im a beginner at this. I needed some guidance before I venture into making water rockets. I will starting in a week, so any help, guidance on materials, initial conditions, anything at all to take care of would be deeply appreciated..

I plan on experimenting with a 2 lt bottle, with card board fins and a nose of the same plastic bottle. Have no clue how to make the hole for air pressure inlet accurately.

Thanx
Sid

Hi Sid,

You don't need to change the size of the hole in the bottle if you don't want to. The bottle will blast off with a fully open nouth just a lot faster than it will with a smaller hole.

If you want to use a smaller hole you might consider using a "gardena" launcher. This is made from a garden hose quick connect device you can find at any hardware store.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Water Rockets.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison