Weight verification

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Weight verification

Post by RaZias »

To verify that a rocket really went to a certain height, there are cameras and altimeters, but what about the weight ?

I mean a person can put the rocket on the top of a balance and film it, but who says to me that someone couldn´t hack the balance to give a lighter weight ?

A person may want to reinforce more the rocket and it might pass the 1500gr...
Research and Development is the soul of WR
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weight verification

Post by WRA2 »

RaZias wrote:To verify that a rocket really went to a certain height, there are cameras and altimeters, but what about the weight ?

I mean a person can put the rocket on the top of a balance and film it, but who says to me that someone couldn´t hack the balance to give a lighter weight ?

A person may want to reinforce more the rocket and it might pass the 1500gr...
If a competitors weight was challenged during the public review of a submission we could ask them to provide a photo of the rocket on a scale. A competitor that was cheating would lose the respect of the community. The Multi stage competition is the most likely place where the weight limit would come into question with a competitor adding more stages and staging mechanisms.

All of the submissions we have had in the other classes have been far below the 1500 Gram limit.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Weight verification

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

We suggest that if there is a problem we will put our heads together and invent a weight validation method that is hard to cheat. A system with a weight to counterbalance the rocket using a volume of water that could be videotaped in action might be a good start. The alternative is to implement a set of draconian paperwork and sworn affidavits from a series of witnesses and all the proof of identity that would require. Nobody wants to turn this fun sport into a tyrannical beaurocracy, so when it becomes an issue we will solve the problem with a majority vote on a verification system. Sound good?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison