Seasonal Merchandise

Discuss non-rocket topics, TV, Movies or even general science here.
RebelRockets
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Seasonal Merchandise

Post by RebelRockets »

Easter season stuff has been in stores for a while already. There are usually several sizes of bright colored hollow plastic eggs to fill with treats. Sizes vary in different stores. Some people have used the pointy ends for nosecones on small rockets.
Some eggs that look to be the same size as normal chicken eggs are a good fit over a piece of FTC, the protective tubes used to cover fluorescent lights in the U.S., and also made into water rockets.
I also saw some sets of 6 larger, heavier plastic eggs that each contained a Matchbox or Hot Wheels car. They were kind of expensive just to get the eggs but if you have have kids, it might be worth it. They may be large enough to fit 1 liter or smaller bottles.

While in one of the chains of "dollar stores" I picked up a 3 liter bottle of cola. They have had these 3 liters for some time, but I noticed the sign on the shelf read " 2.5 liter sodas. Brand may vary with store ". I have yet to see 2.5 liters in the U.S. but it may be part of the trend to shrink packages and raise prices.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Seasonal Merchandise

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

RebelRockets wrote:Easter season stuff has been in stores for a while already. There are usually several sizes of bright colored hollow plastic eggs to fill with treats. Sizes vary in different stores. Some people have used the pointy ends for nosecones on small rockets.
Some eggs that look to be the same size as normal chicken eggs are a good fit over a piece of FTC, the protective tubes used to cover fluorescent lights in the U.S., and also made into water rockets.
I also saw some sets of 6 larger, heavier plastic eggs that each contained a Matchbox or Hot Wheels car. They were kind of expensive just to get the eggs but if you have have kids, it might be worth it. They may be large enough to fit 1 liter or smaller bottles.

While in one of the chains of "dollar stores" I picked up a 3 liter bottle of cola. They have had these 3 liters for some time, but I noticed the sign on the shelf read " 2.5 liter sodas. Brand may vary with store ". I have yet to see 2.5 liters in the U.S. but it may be part of the trend to shrink packages and raise prices.
The "holy grail" of plastic eggs are the ones that have the raised lip on the larger half of the egg. The lip on the T-12 size eggs of this shape will fit exactly inside a T-12 FTC. You can use the smaller half of the 'common" eggs in this way, but the smaller half of the egg is essentially a half of a sphere and it isn't as nice looking as the elongated half. Sadly, 99.9% of all plastic eggs made have the lip on the smaller half sphere end.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison