Hello from Las Vegas

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
APSI
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello from Las Vegas

Post by APSI »

I made my first rocket a few years ago and have since made many more and made a few launchers. My latest modification is my "Double Barrel" PVC launcher that is modular, collapsable, and has 2 release mechanisms and launch tubes so we can lauch 2 rockets at the same time. So far all my rockets have been soda bottles (10oz to 3 ltrs) and I've made 3 "big bertha" 3 gallon water jug rockets- the first one exploded on the 3rd launch when we tried to pump her up to 75psi (lesson learned the hard way!).

I am now interested in stepping up to the next level and adding a recovery system (lawn darts so far, and I'm tired of them busting up), and I want to start working with FTC (I have 4 in the workshop). I would love to learn all I can about high pressure systems, CO2, the best compressor/regulator/valves/etc. equipment to use, and methods of reinforcement. So far I've found a ton of info on this website and the posts and links, but still trying to piece it all together to make my first high pressure FTC rocket.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Las Vegas

Post by WRA2 »

APSI wrote:I made my first rocket a few years ago and have since made many more and made a few launchers. My latest modification is my "Double Barrel" PVC launcher that is modular, collapsable, and has 2 release mechanisms and launch tubes so we can lauch 2 rockets at the same time. So far all my rockets have been soda bottles (10oz to 3 ltrs) and I've made 3 "big bertha" 3 gallon water jug rockets- the first one exploded on the 3rd launch when we tried to pump her up to 75psi (lesson learned the hard way!).

I am now interested in stepping up to the next level and adding a recovery system (lawn darts so far, and I'm tired of them busting up), and I want to start working with FTC (I have 4 in the workshop). I would love to learn all I can about high pressure systems, CO2, the best compressor/regulator/valves/etc. equipment to use, and methods of reinforcement. So far I've found a ton of info on this website and the posts and links, but still trying to piece it all together to make my first high pressure FTC rocket.
Welcome to the forum :W and the WRA2 :WRA2:

FTC holds the same pressures as bottles do unless reinforced. Please be careful :!:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello from Las Vegas

Post by Brian »

hello APSI.
that launcher sounds interesting, how did you make it modular and collapsible?
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w