Anti-gravity 430 psi compressor

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Anti-gravity 430 psi compressor

Post by RaZias »

Does anyone knows the air compressor that anti-gravity destroyed at 430 psi ?

See at 0:50 on the following video:

[youtube][/youtube]
Research and Development is the soul of WR
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Anti-gravity 430 psi compressor

Post by Tim Chen »

Wow. That's pretty impressive. I don't know which compressor that was but I bet it could go up to 300PSI all day long without failing. Why don't you email them and invite them to the forum so we can ask them questions and ask them what the compressor they used was!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Anti-gravity 430 psi compressor

Post by RaZias »

Here is the e-mail answear from Anti-gravity:

I bought the compressor from Sears. It was a Craftsman 2 horsepower tankless type, which they don't make anymore, but you can use just about any small, portable compressor if you remove the tank.
I achieved the high pressures by closing up the air intake and connecting it to my big shop compressor at 100 psi.
In this way, the Sears unit acted as the second stage in a two stage compressor. It failed at 430 psi because the piston's connecting rod bent.

When experimenting with higher pressures, make sure to remove the tank (or it will explode!) Also, expect the compressor to fail.

I use a nitrogen tank system nowadays for high powered experiments. It is an automated fill/launch system (with parts of a Sears Craftsman 19.2V handheld compressor as the controller) that allows
me to drive 700 feet away in time to film the flights.

Best regards,

Ken Schellenberg
AntiGravity Research Corporation
sales@antigravityresearch.com
Research and Development is the soul of WR