Hello from British Columbia, Canada.

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
NexXic
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello from British Columbia, Canada.

Post by NexXic »

New to these forums as you can see. I'm from North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in a Grade 9/10 Engineering course. I'm in need of some help on creating a Multiple Stage rocket as an extra cirricular project. Everybody else is creating single rockets which well.. suck.

Expect me to be posting some questions later on. Thanks again.

-NexX
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from British Columbia, Canada.

Post by WRA2 »

NexXic wrote:New to these forums as you can see. I'm from North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in a Grade 9/10 Engineering course. I'm in need of some help on creating a Multiple Stage rocket as an extra cirricular project. Everybody else is creating single rockets which well.. suck.

-NexX

Welcome to the forum and the WRA2. :W

We have some experts on multiple stage rockets here.

We look forward to your questions. :?:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

hi NexX
why do the single stage rockets suck?
it could be a problem with stability or underweight, both these problems can be fixed with adding weight to the nose cone of the rocket.
with a well built single stage rocket you can reach around 100 metres.
here's the simplest staging mechanism i have seen http://www.wra2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=578
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
NexXic
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by NexXic »

My partner and I for Engineering projects have always done the unexpected. All the rockets everyone else are doing are very basic and suck. Single stage rockets don't suck, but how other classmates are creating them, they suck. My partner and I are the only people who have come online to do research on Multiple Stage Rockets, and when we get some drawings done I will upload them in this forum for others to look at and to pick some of the best rocket builders brains on how to make our project succeed.

-NexX
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NexXic wrote:New to these forums as you can see. I'm from North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in a Grade 9/10 Engineering course. I'm in need of some help on creating a Multiple Stage rocket as an extra cirricular project. Everybody else is creating single rockets which well.. suck.

-NexX
Welcome to the forum!

There are several people making multiple stage rockets here on the forum, so you should find plenty of unsucky people here to brainstorm with.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"