Water Rocket Newbie

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Tjex1

Water Rocket Newbie

Post by Tjex1 »

Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie in the world of water rockets, but I got into it when my school held a competition. I recently entered the NPL water rocket school challenge and won the award for longest time in the air 8.16 seconds, which may not seem like alot, but we beat all the other teams by atleast 2 seconds, some had parachutes! I am starting a new project for next years competition, so check for my posts on other forums if I need help!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Water Rocket Newbie

Post by Tim Chen »

Tjex1 wrote:Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie in the world of water rockets, but I got into it when my school held a competition. I recently entered the NPL water rocket school challenge and won the award for longest time in the air 8.16 seconds, which may not seem like alot, but we beat all the other teams by atleast 2 seconds, some had parachutes! I am starting a new project for next years competition, so check for my posts on other forums if I need help!
hi! Why did your rocket stay up so long when you didn't have a parachute? Did it go a whole lot higher or did you put a different recovery setup on it?

Welcome to the water rocket forum!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Tjex1

Post by Tjex1 »

Tim Chen wrote:
Tjex1 wrote:Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie in the world of water rockets, but I got into it when my school held a competition. I recently entered the NPL water rocket school challenge and won the award for longest time in the air 8.16 seconds, which may not seem like alot, but we beat all the other teams by atleast 2 seconds, some had parachutes! I am starting a new project for next years competition, so check for my posts on other forums if I need help!
hi! Why did your rocket stay up so long when you didn't have a parachute? Did it go a whole lot higher or did you put a different recovery setup on it?

Welcome to the water rocket forum!
It was just a regular rocket, pumped up to about 130PSI, but had tonnes of drag... :(
My friend looked it up on nasa's simulator and it said it only went 27 metres, but I need to check that one up!
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

:W to the water rocket forum. You've come to the right place if you want to discover water rockets! Don't be fooled by cheap imitations.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison