Can someone please stop all the bickering?

Who invented it, who was first etc. This forum will be for members to hash out disagreements. Please keep all disagreements within this forum and keep the discussions civil (no profanity please).
rockets42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by rockets42 »

So that you know the whole story. Shortly after joining this forum I tried joining the WRA2 because I thought it would be fun, but I received a PM from a member on the forum (I won't say who) basically saying they did not want any girls in the WRA2. They did not say why. So of course I had some negative things to say. If I could delete/edit my comments I would, but the forum does not allow that.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

rockets42 wrote:Look I don't want to play any games
On October 31,2007 you registered a duplicate user account and filled out the WRA2 membership application giving false information.
Filing false registration information and creating duplicate accounts in an attempt to gain access to restricted areas is a violation of our “terms of use”
rockets42 wrote:I tried to join the WRA2 quite a few months ago but received a very unpleasant email
Your application was silently rejected because you provided false credentials, so you never received any email, pleasant or not. Making false accusations is another violation of the "terms of use".
rockets42 wrote:people haven't really been nice to me here.
The only contributions you have made were inflammatory and were intended as such, so it's no surprise the other members dislike you.
rockets42 wrote:I have made a number of comments that in retrospect may have been negative, but discussions often have differing options, and when you ban those people who may have a different opinion, you end up with a very one sided conversation.
This forum is for sharing information about water rocketry, so the worst differing opinion one could logically expect to see here is "Bottle vs. FTC" or "Foam vs. Water" debates. You do not engage in such discussions. Your sole purpose in coming here has been to attack the WRA2 competitions and members. We do not wish to ban anyone unless they become a nuisance.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
rockets42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by rockets42 »

Yes you are absolutely correct. I did try a second attempt at joining to start fresh. This is why I tried using a male name to join. I realise that no email was sent as a result of the attempt to join. The unpleasant email came from a member on the forum directly to myself, not a member of the WRA2 Admin group. I did not want to discuss this on the forum, but since I am not allowed to send a PM message to the admin to resolve the issue, I posted here.

So the question is what happens from here? I am willing to put all that stuff behind me, and make positive contributions.
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

rockets42 wrote:Yes you are absolutely correct. I did try a second attempt at joining to start fresh. This is why I tried using a male name to join. I realise that no email was sent as a result of the attempt to join. The unpleasant email came from a member on the forum directly to myself, not a member of the WRA2 Admin group. I did not want to discuss this on the forum, but since I am not allowed to send a PM message to the admin to resolve the issue, I posted here.

So the question is what happens from here? I am willing to put all that stuff behind me, and make positive contributions.
Keep digging and eventually you'll reach China!!!!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
rockets42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by rockets42 »

In that case, I would like to formally ask that my account be deleted.
rockets42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I want to quit

Post by rockets42 »

Tim Chen wrote: Aha! You fell right into my trap! You obviously don't have any experience with compressors OR tanks since you would know that a tank can instantly and explosively release vast amounts of kinetic energy but a compressor requires several minutes to gradually build the same kinetic energy.
... obviously ... and if you put a valve on the end of your long compressor hose near the rocket and turn on the compressor it will pressurise the hose to 3000psi, you then open the valve and you get the same effect as a tank as you put it an "explosive" pulse of air. Don't even bother talking about volume in the hose. Oh but wait ... I don't know anything about compressors or tanks.... or was that something you were planning to do?
Tim Chen wrote:
Either you're not thinking or you are playing dumb to hide the fact that you were planning on doing just what I said with the stomp rocket deal.

As I said a stomp rocket is not a real rocket, so why keep talking about it? I don't think anyone here is proposing a stomp rocket, the rules themselves preclude this. My original question was about the use of scuba tanks as an air source, nothing to do with launchers or rocket types. You are the one who insists on talking about stomp rockets.

If a scuba tank is used to pressurise a retained rocket. The tank valve is closed and the rocket remains on the launcher. How is that different to if it was filled with a compressor? It may take longer with a compressor, but there is no advantage of one over the other.

Leveling the playing field in my mind is allowing people to use what they have without disadvantaging other teams, not trying to narrow the rules in such a way that it gives one particular team an advantage. This is why these rules are written the way they are.

Does it also not sound strange to you that this competition needs 30 days 'probation' before you can compete, and you are not allowed to compete in anyone else's competion? Why is that included in the fine print? .....
Tim Chen wrote:
Or maybe you just like to argue.

If asking a simple question is arguing then so be it. I still haven't heard a reasonable answer to my question .... answers telling me that CO2 should not be released into the atmosphere, its too expensive, you can't get enough pressure from a scuba tank because of all that "safety stuff" and building stomp rockets just tells me that there really isn't a good reason.

No one is asking for you to switch to using bottled gas, as there would be no advantage over your compressor (you said so yourself). This is why a maximum pressure rule makes more sense than what pressurises your air. We understand that USWR don't want to publish their launch pressure, which is fine and are entitled to do, but you have to understand that's why the maximum pressure is not specified in the rules. Virtually all other rocket parameters have limits within the competition in terms of weight, how much water you need, what materials you can use etc., but one of the most critical aspects of any water rocket is omitted to protect the details of the world record. As I said before I am not challenging the USWR record, I think they have done an excellent job and achieved something no one else has, but these "world record" rules are designed around their rocket to protect their record. Just wait until someone else in the world will fly higher, WRA2 will fight tooth and nail to say that it isn't "official" because they took two and half hours to fly their second flight, or their rocket weighed more than 1500 grams etc.

The USWR record stands within a very narrow set of rules to ensure that they remain there. Unfortunately the rest of the world will move on.