hello

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
keongC8745

hello

Post by keongC8745 »

Razz: i'm a student from Penang , Malaysia. Glad to be here to learn so much about water rocket. I'm quite "N00B' in water rocket, hope tat everyone can teach me more on constructing a better water rocket.
1. There is a competition in here. The competition including 3 parts, which are compete in Height ( actually is juz see the tym from launch to fall), Parachute , and Taget ( water rocket muz fall to somewhere 100m far with few meter radius.) Does anyone has idea or comment to increase the tym the water rocket fly?
2. I've juz read about foam technique. What is use in tat? Does it gives any colour?

Lastly, We are trying and working on 2 stage on your guides, hope that we will sucess!!!
TH:
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hello

Post by WRA2 »

keongC8745 wrote:Razz: i'm a student from Penang , Malaysia. Glad to be here to learn so much about water rocket. I'm quite "N00B' in water rocket, hope tat everyone can teach me more on constructing a better water rocket.
1. There is a competition in here. The competition including 3 parts, which are compete in Height ( actually is juz see the tym from launch to fall), Parachute , and Taget ( water rocket muz fall to somewhere 100m far with few meter radius.) Does anyone has idea or comment to increase the tym the water rocket fly?
2. I've juz read about foam technique. What is use in tat? Does it gives any colour?

Lastly, We are trying and working on 2 stage on your guides, hope that we will sucess!!!
TH:
Welcome to the forum. :W

Are you using a translator or are you "texting" your post from a mobile phone..

To answer your questions (hopefully I understand them correctly).

1 to increase time in flight you can either make the rocket go higher or come down slower or do both. Does your competition have rules for your rocket (pressure, rocket volume, type of construction)?

2. foam works really well when used on the second stage (it keeps the water from sloshing around in the bottle and also generates a longer duration thrust which is ideal for a second stage). It also increases the visibility of the rocket when flying.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
ninja_iga
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: hello

Post by ninja_iga »

hi Keong

welcome to the forum. I'm Stanlley and i'm based in KL.
also, it's best that you proof-read your posts before you click on the "submit" button.
;)

but from what you write here, it sounds like you have secondary school (high school) competition.
Share with us, the competition's rules and regulations.
i recall most schools go with:
max 60psi pressure
max 1,5liters single bottle
must be home-made

am i correct?
Stanlley Tai

+6012-211-3039 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +6012-211-3039      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
STR
Stanlley Tai Rockets

Legion Paintball
events, supplies, design and manufacturer, training and consultation
play hard but play safe!
www.legionpaintball.org