200 to 300 psi floor pumps

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
160psi
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 200 to 300 psi floor pumps

Post by 160psi »

Having now used the Joeblow Ace for around 2 years I can say it is great - the first stage will take you to 50psi fast, then the middle stage to around 120psi. The final stage is slow (lots of pumps) but even a child can do 250psi.

Construction is good and will last well.

Having said that, it brings other problems, like launcher and rocket not standing the pressure!
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

160psi wrote:Having now used the Joeblow Ace for around 2 years I can say it is great - the first stage will take you to 50psi fast, then the middle stage to around 120psi. The final stage is slow (lots of pumps) but even a child can do 250psi.

Having said that, it brings other problems, like launcher and rocket not standing the pressure!
If you use this kind of pump can you pump the same rocket with multiple pumps to get the pressure higher faster? I know this won't make the max any higher, but several people on different pumps could make the time go by fast.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

160psi wrote:Having now used the Joeblow Ace for around 2 years I can say it is great - the first stage will take you to 50psi fast, then the middle stage to around 120psi. The final stage is slow (lots of pumps) but even a child can do 250psi.

Thanks for the review of the pump and welcome back :W

It is nice to see so many of our members coming out of winter hibernation now that spring is right around the corner!!!
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
160psi
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by 160psi »

I have a simple "T" piece in my pipe that allows two pumps to be connected. Each pipe end terminates in a car valve, one of which has a core still in it so that pump can be disconnected when it reaches its max pressure and the Ace can be used to top ut without damaging the other pump. The valve connected to the Ace has no core so if i need to release the pressure and abort the launch I just disconnect the pump.

Having two people pumping is definitely worthwhile, especially on larger rockets.
beatquest_djnn
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by beatquest_djnn »

Tim Chen wrote:I was wondering... is there a need for pressures over 200PSI for a bike tire? I've never seen one that was higher than 120SPI. What do they need that kind of pressure for? It's not like they are trying to make pumps for water rockets!
Bicycle tires, from what I know, are inflated to maximum of around 120psi... but I wouldn't buy a pump that goes 120psi max... it will leak quickly and you'll need a lot of effort to get it passed 100psi (trust me on this one... I bought a cheap pump and I had to change!) So buying a pump that can do 250psi ensures you to be able to inflate your 120psi tire without running into many kinds of issues...

Are electrical pumps permitted in the multiple stages challenge?
If it has been done, I can do it...
If not, give me some time to find out how!
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

beatquest_djnn wrote:
Yes electrical pumps (compressors) are allowed in the multiple stage competition. PH:

Here are the rules for that competition:

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Class_B_Rules.php

Don't forget to fill out a membership application. :WRA2:

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Membership_Application.php
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

WRA2 wrote:
beatquest_djnn wrote:
Yes electrical pumps (compressors) are allowed in the multiple stage competition. PH:

Here are the rules for that competition:

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Class_B_Rules.php

Don't forget to fill out a membership application. :WRA2:

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Membership_Application.php
What about gasoline or diesel powered compressors? ;-)
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison