Hello from Israel

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
darknony
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello from Israel

Post by darknony »

I happened to have a lot of free time this school year so i decided to find something new to do and ended up with water rockets.
I also have this water rocket contest coming up in about a week so i was looking for some forums to help me out so here i am :).
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello from Israel

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

darknony wrote:I happened to have a lot of free time this school year so i decided to find something new to do and ended up with water rockets.
I also have this water rocket contest coming up in about a week so i was looking for some forums to help me out so here i am :).
Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum. You came to the right place if you are looking for good tips and suggestions how you can do well in your competition.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

:W
what do you have to do for the competition?
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
darknony
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by darknony »

First of all sorry for some spelling or grammar mistakes i may have, English isn't my best language.

Well its not big competition its just some idea someone had in a nearby university to add to some fun day. Whoever wants to come just comes to the basketball court at non, there isn't even a phone number to call for more instructions.

My idea for a rocket was to make something a little different then the normal one, i wanted to make it go horizontal.
So far i made successful lunches with one bottle with 2 balloons in the back opening (one always rips apart so the second one holds) then push water into the balloon. The balloon grows and grows pressuring the air while i put it into a large pip i got then i get a classic water RPG thingy. It even ended up pretty accurate when i put some fins on it. For fins i made some small mortar like fins but I'm planning to put some bigger ones in the front that can keep out of my lunching pipe while the rest of the rocket including his back mortar like fins are in the pipe. Overall the center of mass should be in the middle i don't want it to make much of a parabola flight, id rather have it fly straight as much as it can.

For my next try i wanted to put 2 bottles together but i keep getting air coming out of the connection so I'm going to need a new one. For now my connection is just a lot of glue but i guess there's a better way for that, can anyone give me a hand on that one?

I also have another question. When i lunch my rocket out of the pipe with a closing in the back (but a small hole for the water pipe to get into the bottle) my rocket suddenly doesn't fly as strong as before. I was expecting exactly the opposite with pressure building up stronger this way inside the lunching pipe. Any idea why that happened?