my 3 litre rocket

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
danb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

my 3 litre rocket

Post by danb »

heres my latest rocket N2 finally got it to be a reliable flyer fins work very well keeps it very straight in flight it has a side parachute deployment system with a tomi timer with a modified pushchair parasol as a parachute it has a 7mm nozzle, it had 4 sucessful launches today parachute deployed 3 out of 4 so was very happy with the resultso it sustained minimal damage which makes a change!!! hahaha feel free to comment all advise is appreciated a video of 1 of the launches from today will be posted

danb
Attachments
Photo0123.jpg
Photo0123.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 42 times
Photo0122.jpg
Photo0122.jpg (849.73 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Photo0120.jpg
Photo0120.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 42 times
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: my 3 litre rocket

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

How have you spliced those bottles together? It looks like you have glued bottle caps unto the bottom of each bottle. Is that the only connection point of the joints?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
danb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: my 3 litre rocket

Post by danb »

i havent spliced the bottles yet im not that experianced!!! hahaha i have connected them together with robinson couplers then once they have been pressure tested as a secondary precaution i use sikaflex to strenghen and seal round the cap and bottom of bottle i have found this to work very well, only things to change to the rocket is to shed a little weight and to install some foam behind the parachute for a quicker deployment, i need to fit a altimeter to get some height info as yesterday it was hard to judge how high it was going i estimate 100ft+, the launch pressure was 100 psi and i was using a 7mm nozzle if i upped the pressure and nozzle size would you see better results? im using jet foam(baby bubble bath) if any one would advise that would be great

danb