Hello from Michigan

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
chemdude

Hello from Michigan

Post by chemdude »

Hi,
I am an 11 year old kid that absolutely loves water rockets. I got my inspiration from aircommandrockets.com. I was amazed at the colossal rockets he made out of soda bottles. I have a compressor that goes up to 150 psi although I've only gotten it up to 145 psi. I built the launcher with my dad in 2009.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by WRA2 »

chemdude wrote:Hi,
I am an 11 year old kid that absolutely loves water rockets. I got my inspiration from aircommandrockets.com. I was amazed at the colossal rockets he made out of soda bottles. I have a compressor that goes up to 150 psi although I've only gotten it up to 145 psi. I built the launcher with my dad in 2009.
Welcome to the forum :W

Are you currently building rockets or waiting for warmer weather. WO:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

chemdude wrote:Hi,
Nice to meet you!

Have you started building your own colossal rocket? Unless you are going to build a composite reinforced rocket, you probably don't need much more than 130-140PSI. Try flying some rockets like that and perfect your techniques and if you are stillmaking progress and enjoying yourself in a year from now and want to go farther or higher you can investigate reinforced rockets and higher pressures!

Welcome!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

:W to the Water Rocket Forum!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
chemdude

Post by chemdude »

I am Currently working on a new rocket I call Solstice I. It is a 4L rocket made of 4 1L. It will have a NOAA parachute deployment.
http://www.wra2.org/forum/posting.php?m ... =28&t=1404#
Apurv

Post by Apurv »

hi
Apurv

Post by Apurv »

Apurv wrote:hi
Hi Everyone...

Is it feasible to build a water rocket system, whose thrust out put could be controlled in real time and make the rocket literally stop and hover in mid air...