Introduction

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Bill_Buchanan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Introduction

Post by Bill_Buchanan »

Hello everyone; my name is Bill and I've been building water rockets and launchers since August 2009. My company sponsors engineers' week every February and we host six high school classes for a full day of fun experiments each year. Turns out, water rockets are an exciting topic to interest high school students in math, science, bragging rights, and more.

Our first year featured two liter bottle rocket construction with focus on drag, thrust, optimum water volume, air pressure, nozzle diameter, pressure vessel simulation, and flight stability. Whew!

But mainly, our students wanted to launch rockets and have their school soar above the others by reaching the highest altitude among all the schools competing during the day.

Our second year focused on reducing our nozzle diameter, reducing drag, increasing flight stability, pressure vessel simulation, and FTC rocket construction.

And next year, February 2012, our goal is to repeatedly exceed altitudes of 1000 feet. Time will tell how it'll all turn out, but we're looking forward to the journey.

Our hope is that our involvement in your forum will be a great learning experience for us all and we're looking forward to making friends along the way.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by WRA2 »

Bill_Buchanan wrote:Hello everyone; my name is Bill and I've been building water rockets and launchers since August 2009. My company sponsors engineers' week every February and we host six high school classes for a full day of fun experiments each year. Turns out, water rockets are an exciting topic to interest high school students in math, science, bragging rights, and more.

Our first year featured two liter bottle rocket construction with focus on drag, thrust, optimum water volume, air pressure, nozzle diameter, pressure vessel simulation, and flight stability. Whew!

But mainly, our students wanted to launch rockets and have their school soar above the others by reaching the highest altitude among all the schools competing during the day.

Our second year focused on reducing our nozzle diameter, reducing drag, increasing flight stability, pressure vessel simulation, and FTC rocket construction.

And next year, February 2012, our goal is to repeatedly exceed altitudes of 1000 feet. Time will tell how it'll all turn out, but we're looking forward to the journey.

Our hope is that our involvement in your forum will be a great learning experience for us all and we're looking forward to making friends along the way.
:W Welcome to the forum and the :WRA2: WRA2 Bill,

We look forward to following your progress towards the goal of over 1000 feet.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
gwb

Post by gwb »

Hi, hello everybody and i am also new here..........
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

:W
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w