Parachute Deployment

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Parachute Deployment

Post by Brian »

how do you make a good parrachute deployment system.

i've tryed making one out of a printer Syringe filled with bi-carbinate soda and vinigar but it was to slow.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: parrachute deployment

Post by Tim Chen »

Brian wrote:how do you make a good parrachute deployment system.

i've tryed making one out of a printer Syringe filled with bi-carbinate soda and vinigar but it was to slow.
There's a guy on here who goes by the name "Dragracer 408a" and he runs a team called "Perental Advisory". He has a website where he shows a really reliable parachute deploy system he created. He has a link to his site in the "Links" topic of this forum. I think this will help you.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

i visited that website, but i didn't find any parachute section.. can someone help me?
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

balloon parachute deployment

Post by Brian »

as i was looking up parachute deployment systems on the internet and i found a balloon parachute deployment system. you have the top of a slightly larger bottle sleaving just over the wrocket with the balloon between. when the wrocket is Pressurized it expands and holds the nose cone sleave on. when you launchthe rocketit depressurizes and shrinks out of the nose cone sleave and then the balloon pushes the nose cone off. here's a link http://www.h2orocket.com/topic/balloon/balloon.html
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
da-water

Post by da-water »

thanks, i'm looking for a deploy system everywhere on the net...
i think i have to use some electronical parts..
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

+ you can time delay the balloon parachute deploment system with different sized holes. because if there isn't any holes there's suction between the wrocket and the nose cone and it can't get off. so big holes deploy quickly and small holes deploy slower.
Ascender Water Rockets
da-water

Post by da-water »

i read the site but i didn't understand how it works...
da-water

Post by da-water »

i'm going to use a little bit of electronical parts..
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

da-water wrote:i'm going to use a little bit of electronical parts..
Tim and me are going to do the same. We have this idea that it will encourage us to learn something new. Our belief is this: If the best way of doing a thing is not something which you can already do then it is time to learn that way of doing this thing!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
da-water

Post by da-water »

yes, it's a good thing...
i think the same but i would like to use no electronical parts on my rockets... my sister in an electronical engineer and if she helps me so much with her studies it became too much easy...

i'm not sure i've written correctly.. if u don't understand tell me
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

i don't know why u's are thinking about using electronics (if i am correct). all that happens is it expands into the nose cone and holds it on aganst the balloon but when it depressureises it shrinks out of the nose cone and the balloon pushes the nose cone up and the parachute comes out through the gap Image
. if u are complaning about getting the parachute out you could tie the parachute to a rubber band and attach it to the bottom of the bottle. the band will pull it out.
Ascender Water Rockets
da-water

Post by da-water »

thanks for explaing me how it works.. i've only a question:how can i keep down the nosecone with the parachute and the ballon while i'm "adding" pressure??
FalkE
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by FalkE »

Should it really deploy the chute at the apogee? The chute came out when the pressure in the rocket =0 bar. This happen after all water is out of the rocket und all kompressed air too. But right then the rocket reach the maximum of speed ( its different but could possible aorund 200km/h and more). It´s not really good when at this moment the chute opens.

Or the force of the incoming air will press against the force of the ballon and doesn´t let the chutes out. Think of an parabel flight, then there will be a permenant force of the incoming air.
da-water

Post by da-water »

yeah, it could open too early...

this is my situation: the best way i had found before i visited this website to deploy the parachute was the bi-carbinate soda and vinigar system....

when i visited this website i understood i have to use a little of electronical parts to be sure the parachute deploys...

everyway i wuold like to use no electronical parts but i think i need it to build a good deploy system...

so, if someone know a good system i'll be happy to study this system...
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

FalkE wrote:Should it really deploy the chute at the apogee? The chute came out when the pressure in the rocket =0 bar. This happen after all water is out of the rocket und all kompressed air too. But right then the rocket reach the maximum of speed ( its different but could possible aorund 200km/h and more). It´s not really good when at this moment the chute opens.

Or the force of the incoming air will press against the force of the ballon and doesn´t let the chutes out. Think of an parabel flight, then there will be a permenant force of the incoming air.
I think the air escaping from the balloon can be constricted by a small hole size so that the rate of deflation of the balloon will be controlled and so that when there is zero pressure in the rocket there will be still a lot of pressure in the balloon until it loses air through the hole over time. The air acts like a timer as it slowly drains out.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise