Servos Affected by G's?

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Servos Affected by G's?

Post by Blenderite »

Recently my parachutes have not been working correctly. Basically they have not been working at all. I am using the ServoChron system. I am using car servos in them and I am wondering if they might be the problem. The reason I think this is that I test them before the launch and everything works. I launch and it crashes. I test it afterwards and everything works, except for the servo. I am curious if anyone else has every experienced similar results from servos mean to be put in a RC car.

-DogLover
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Servos Affected by G's?

Post by bugwubber »

Are they coming back completely dead? I would suspect the connections first since those servos have to withstand a pretty extreme environment in the cars with the constant vibration, upside down landings, crashes etc.

I've had airplanes crash into the ground where the front half of the airplane went home in a plastic sandwich bag but the servos still worked.

Can you plug the servo into a receiver and test its operation with your RC transmitter?
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Servos Affected by G's?

Post by Blenderite »

Ok, I took the system apart and found that there were a few connections that were a little loose. I was using connectors so that I could swap components quickly but I went ahead and ditched them. I don't know if these were a weak point. We will see.

-DogLove
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"