Getting Nicer out!

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Getting Nicer out!

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

It has been finally getting nicer out around here! So watch the site for some fequent updates. Probably gona get out this week somtime and do a couple launches just for the fun of it cause im on spring break. Maybe somtin "special" if i can get it done soon too!
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Getting Nicer out!

Post by Tim Chen »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:It has been finally getting nicer out around here! So watch the site for some fequent updates. Probably gona get out this week somtime and do a couple launches just for the fun of it cause im on spring break. Maybe somtin "special" if i can get it done soon too!
Hey man! Been a while since I've seen you around here. Glad to see you've been preparing new rockets. I can't wait to see what you've been up to!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Yeah i have been caught up in some other stuff. Hows mark and yours coming? Mines got a lil ways to go yet. :cry:
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:Yeah i have been caught up in some other stuff. Hows mark and yours coming? Mines got a lil ways to go yet. :cry:
We're not making as rapid progress as we would like. We've got a good collection of materials accumulated thanks to some luck and some generous people. There's no instruction manual for what we're doing so we have to take it a little at a time and practice every step of the way. One thing we have worked out is a new staging design that nobody ever considered before . It has one problem that needs to be worked out but we might make due with it the way it is because a failure doesn't hurt anything except the altitude. If we make our chute strong enough to carry the weight of the whole rocket we should be okay if the stager fails to operate.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

Tim Chen wrote:
Drag_Racer408a wrote:Yeah i have been caught up in some other stuff. Hows mark and yours coming? Mines got a lil ways to go yet. :cry:
We're not making as rapid progress as we would like. We've got a good collection of materials accumulated thanks to some luck and some generous people. There's no instruction manual for what we're doing so we have to take it a little at a time and practice every step of the way. One thing we have worked out is a new staging design that nobody ever considered before . It has one problem that needs to be worked out but we might make due with it the way it is because a failure doesn't hurt anything except the altitude. If we make our chute strong enough to carry the weight of the whole rocket we should be okay if the stager fails to operate.
We don't want to screw up at this stage of the game!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise