Air Guns-relates to rockets

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Air Guns-relates to rockets

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Hey, does anyone know how to build a spring powered pellet pistol? I need one for rocket recovery, right? Please post diagram and instructions of a link. I need it to be built from household materials and some general sold parts. Not air powered.

Thanks

The X-Pert
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Air Guns-relates to rockets

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Hey, does anyone know how to build a spring powered pellet pistol? I need one for rocket recovery, right? Please post diagram and instructions of a link. I need it to be built from household materials and some general sold parts. Not air powered.

Thanks

The X-Pert
Are you talking about a pistol that will get a rocket out of a tree? The main problem is creating a gun powerful enough to get the rocket down, but to not damage it. Even the most powerful of spring-piston break-barrel air guns would have trouble getting a rocket out of a tree. If your not to worried about noise, if your parents let you own a firearm, or the rocket getting damaged, I would recommend a 12 guage shot gun, with the standard velocity Remington AMM-8174 shell!
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

I don't care about getting it out of a tree. That is just so the forum moderator won't think I'm talking about this. Forum moderator- if you read this post, please do not kick me off this forum. Thanks.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I don't care about getting it out of a tree. That is just so the forum moderator won't think I'm talking about this. Forum moderator- if you read this post, please do not kick me off this forum. Thanks.
Ha ha I just had to laugh at that one. :-)

Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I don't care about getting it out of a tree. That is just so the forum moderator won't think I'm talking about this. Forum moderator- if you read this post, please do not kick me off this forum. Thanks.
This discussion should move to the water cooler. After all, this forum is about water rockets, not airguns.