A new water rocketeer

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
christheman200
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

A new water rocketeer

Post by christheman200 »

Hello everyone,
Chris from Toronto, Canada checking in here for the first time. I am a grade 9 highschool student in Toronto's gifted student program, and I have a lot of friends that are interested in rocketry. I love everything to do with rocket science, and have self-taught myself basic/intermediate rocket engine design and orbital mechanics. This Thursday I will be holding my school's first rocketry club meeting. Our first goal will be to construct a water rocket that will launch to 100 or more meters, and from there I would like to push us on to a liquid oxygen and kerosene rocket for our next school year.

I am a big fan of US Water Rockets, and think that their web site is a great resource for any want-to-be rocket scientists.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: A new water rocketeer

Post by bugwubber »

christheman200 wrote:Hello everyone,
Chris from Toronto, Canada checking in here for the first time. I am a grade 9 highschool student in Toronto's gifted student program, and I have a lot of friends that are interested in rocketry. I love everything to do with rocket science, and have self-taught myself basic/intermediate rocket engine design and orbital mechanics. This Thursday I will be holding my school's first rocketry club meeting. Our first goal will be to construct a water rocket that will launch to 100 or more meters, and from there I would like to push us on to a liquid oxygen and kerosene rocket for our next school year.

I am a big fan of US Water Rockets, and think that their web site is a great resource for any want-to-be rocket scientists.
Howdy and welcome to the forum! We're almost to the 100M mark although I am trying to get there with unreinforced single bottle rockets. Sounds like y'all are going to be having a lot of fun.

You'd probably fit right in with the High Power Rocket group over at MN State. They were working on challenges to hit a specific apogee altitude, and had various sorts of recovery systems such as counter rotating powered props etc.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.