single bottle height

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
anoymous

single bottle height

Post by anoymous »

Hi all!
for my research competences we launched single bottle rockets (mor info in another topic; named project week). our highest was 40 metres with 7,5 bar. I know that's not high, but I want to have a reference. So what is your highest altitude recorded with a single bottle?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: single bottle height

Post by bugwubber »

Congratulations!
I had a 1 liter bottle hit 250ft at 100psi. So about 76 meters, just under 7bar. Don't think I had a camera in at the time.
tmp_6768-HK-A_2014330_133-804858310.png
tmp_6768-HK-A_2014330_133-804858310.png (146.23 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

Ours was a 1,5 litre bottle, but it weighed a lot. I think that is our mayor problem
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

anoymous wrote:Ours was a 1,5 litre bottle, but it weighed a lot. I think that is our mayor problem

Just checked mine, I think its "dry" weight including the ballast, was ~240g, 151g without the ballast or altimeter.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

Mine weighed about 600 g and the weight distribution isn't optimal: the cage for the wings weighs about 250 g , our altimeter weighs about 100 g and our parachute+ cover weighs about 70 g. I'll try to post a movie later on.

TO EVERYONE:
please do post here. It would be very handy
- Albert Einstein

Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Blenderite »

What is all this metric rubbish??

I often use this simulator to get estimates on about how high my rocket either went or should go: http://cjh.polyplex.org/rockets/simulation/

It works great and has been tested with a altimeter.
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Blenderite wrote:What is all this metric rubbish??

I often use this simulator to get estimates on about how high my rocket either went or should go: http://cjh.polyplex.org/rockets/simulation/

It works great and has been tested with a altimeter.
143g is the target weight for pinewood derby cars IF the official scale only measures to tenths of an ounce. (5.04)

So when measuring small things or where more precision is needed than ounces, I find it makes more sense to use grams. Also for international comparisons, we're the odd duck out.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
beginingrocket
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by beginingrocket »

hello im beginingrocket i hit about 100ft with 60 psi but that is when i started water rocketry now OT: im trying to build a 2 stage again but im stuck in a loop .
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Blenderite »

Tell us what your problem is, perhaps we can help you!
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
beginingrocket
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by beginingrocket »

how can I support the tall sustainer ,and im trying to just launch the sustainer, but im on my way out of the loop oh and the launcher how do I make all the bottles launch at the same time and im to broke to buy a parachute timer.i cant spend a lot of money on a launcher please help me ill post a pic later. peace
Advanced Member

Post by beginingrocket »

and what is ur goal on blender.org its it a software? i know a computer code called lua its very simople