68 litre 8 times cluster with 2.stage 9 litre

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 68 litre 8 times cluster with 2.stage 9 litre

Post by Tim Chen »

Outstanding water rocket, Batkiter. You are one of the greats in this field! Keep up the good work.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
TDFwaterrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by TDFwaterrockets »

hi Batkiter

Its a good job you have a compressor because if you were to use a hand pump then you would be pumping for hours!!!

68 litres, WOW, that must be the biggest water rocket ever, its deffinitly the biggest I have ever seen!!!

Regards

TDFwaterrockets
http://tdfwaterrockets.blogspot.com/
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

TDFwaterrockets wrote:hi Batkiter

Its a good job you have a compressor because if you were to use a hand pump then you would be pumping for hours!!!

68 litres, WOW, that must be the biggest water rocket ever, its deffinitly the biggest I have ever seen!!!

Regards

TDFwaterrockets
http://tdfwaterrockets.blogspot.com/
We can't think of anyone building bigger rockets than this. It takes real dedication to make something that impossibly huge!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Alex

Post by Alex »

Next time you launch it, put a camera on it...would be cool to see the moster going from up close and such. but with out a doubt....One of the best water rockets I've ever seen
Water Rockets are amazing things, One second there sitting on the launch pad, the next, splattered all over your shirt.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Alex wrote:Next time you launch it, put a camera on it...would be cool to see the moster going from up close and such. but with out a doubt....One of the best water rockets I've ever seen
I think a video of this monster launching would be one of the coolest videos of water rockets ever made. I bet we could get it to go "viral" and millions of people would share the clip! It would be awesome!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Alex

Post by Alex »

Indeed
Water Rockets are amazing things, One second there sitting on the launch pad, the next, splattered all over your shirt.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

I agree - I'd love to see this rocket in action!
CSAldridge
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by CSAldridge »

Now that's a rocket... I wonder how big a water rocket can get before it just crushes itself trying to launch. those middle bottles have to be taking one helluva a strain in the first few moments of launch.

(imagine if second stage never fired and that thing just arced over onto someones car, or house)
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

CSAldridge wrote:Now that's a rocket... I wonder how big a water rocket can get before it just crushes itself trying to launch. those middle bottles have to be taking one helluva a strain in the first few moments of launch.

(imagine if second stage never fired and that thing just arced over onto someones car, or house)
I imagine that the only place that this could be safely flown is in the desert. It is probably also very time consuming to set up for flight so it probably does not get flown very often. Special flight clearances may also be needed to fly such a large rocket as well.

For our competitions we have a weight limit of 1,500 grams (empty) in the interest of safety and keeping the rockets classified as "hobby" which do not need special clearances to fly.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
ChocolateFudgeCake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ChocolateFudgeCake »

That's really cool. Can you tell me how the staging mechanism works?
Regards,
ChocolateFudge