Submisson record class C Team.[D&P]Rockets*

:WRA2: WRA2 members only. Submit your videos and flight log qualify for the WRA2 Flight Duration World Record.
Water Rocket Flight Duration World Record Competition Rules
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder

Submisson record class C Team.[D&P]Rockets*

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

Submission new record Class C

Pictures from the rocket and normal 1.5L bottle:
IMG_6211resided.JPG
IMG_6211resided.JPG (24.95 KiB) Viewed 98 times
IMG_6212resi.JPG
IMG_6212resi.JPG (29.21 KiB) Viewed 98 times
First you see the ground video of launch 1 and then the onboard camera of launch 1.
Idem to launch 2.
But there is a difference in flight time between the ground camera and the onboard camera. Every launch we do, the Fly cam one 2 is losing 10 seconds of flight time..

We know that the onboard camera is the record flight time but that is 10 seconds lower then the rocket original went.. :?

Ground cam flight 1: 2.42 min
Ground cam flight 2: 1.12 min
Avarage flight duration Ground cam/stopwatch: 1.57 min

Onboard cam flight 1: 2.33 min
Onboard cam flight 2: 1.02 min
Avarage flight duration Onboard cam: 1.47 min

The movie:

[youtube][/youtube]

Greets!

Team.[D&P]Rockets*
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Submisson record class C Team.[D&P]Rockets*

Post by Tim Chen »

WOW! Looks good you guys! Nice work!

I have a question about your rocket to ask. Why did you paint the rocket black? Doesn't that make it hard to find when it lands?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

We painted the rocket black for better vieuw in the air when its launched. And there was an altimiter onboard and that beeps out the altitude so that is what we use to find it back :)

And the rocket landed in white sand.. So black rocket in white sand should be easy to find :)

Thanks for the good respons!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:We painted the rocket black for better vieuw in the air when its launched. And there was an altimiter onboard and that beeps out the altitude so that is what we use to find it back :)

And the rocket landed in white sand.. So black rocket in white sand should be easy to find :)

Thanks for the good respons!
Thanks for the info. I didn't think of the rocket landing on white sand. I guess that would be like landing on snow. I use bright colors like red or blue because I need to see my rocket when it lands in the grass or in the cornfield.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by anachronist »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:We painted the rocket black for better vieuw in the air when its launched. And there was an altimiter onboard and that beeps out the altitude so that is what we use to find it back :)

All those trees all around.... that's what terrifies me about trying for a flight duration record. I'm curious how you could predict it would land in the sand and not in a tree!