New from Florida

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
hjarrell

New from Florida

Post by hjarrell »

Hi i'm a high school student from Florida. I learned about water rockets from SECME in fifth grade and 9th grade. The best rocket I've done is a SECME style rocket with three bottles at 70 psi and 10.4 seconds of hang time.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New from Florida

Post by bugwubber »

hjarrell wrote:Hi i'm a high school student from Florida. I learned about water rockets from SECME in fifth grade and 9th grade. The best rocket I've done is a SECME style rocket with three bottles at 70 psi and 10.4 seconds of hang time.
Hey welcome to the forum. Congrats on your flight time. Ive gotten a single 2 liter up to 232ft with a flight time of about 12sec so I wonder if the height was about the same. Did you have a recovery system or free fall?

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New from Florida

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

hjarrell wrote:Hi i'm a high school student from Florida. I learned about water rockets from SECME in fifth grade and 9th grade. The best rocket I've done is a SECME style rocket with three bottles at 70 psi and 10.4 seconds of hang time.
What water fill amount is allowed in this competition, and what type of launcher is used? Can you bring your own launcher and pressure source, or must you use the launcher provided by the competition?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison