Hello from Brazil... \o/

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
EricesquivelBR

Hello from Brazil... \o/

Post by EricesquivelBR »

Hello all,

I recently discovered the new 'hobby' of "water rockets", but also I discovered that this is not a hobby but a "passion"!!!

For my surprise, and with the internet making the world into a small place, I found this huge and awesome community...

I'm living in Brazil, I was born in 1962, and I'm sharing this experience with my 7 years old boy.

My main interested is the mechanism, or ideas, for parachute deployment.

Have a great day...

Regards

Eric Esquivel
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello from Brazil... \o/

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Great to have you on the forum! Ask any questions you like. Were here to help! Check this out: http://www.wra2.org/Water_Rocket_Tutori ... _Links.php
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Hello from Minnesota, Land of 10,000 ice cubes,

Welcome to the forum. Are you wanting to do electronic, mechanical, chemical or intrinsic (fall off) deployment?

At 7 I'd think they would enjoy the clockworks mechanism extracted from a toy method. I've found LED lights are also really popular with mine.

Good luck!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Have you tried Tomy Timers or Flight Timer 2 or other? I found a small Ziploc bag filled with baking soda and a small cup placed carefully inside with vinegar will quickly inflate, push of the nozzle cone, and open the parachute. Not one failure out of 3 tries so far about last summer. Two years ago I tried using a syringe but I had much trouble with configuration.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein