Air compressor extension hose

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
peter_stanley
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Air compressor extension hose

Post by peter_stanley »

I have a Rad Sportz air compressor. http://www.amazon.com/ELECTRIC-GAUGE-Ti ... B000WEMMUK It's made to fit a shrader valve, which my launcher has, but the hose is only three feet long. All the air compressor extension hoses I've looked at appear too big. What are my options for extending the hose on this compressor? I don't know if it's possible to replace the hose entirely. Also, I've looked but not found any adapters that would connect it to larger hose. Here are pictures of what I've got. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Peter
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 76 times
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 76 times
IMG_1761.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 76 times
IMG_1762.JPG
IMG_1762.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 76 times
IMG_1763.JPG
IMG_1763.JPG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 76 times
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Air compressor extension hose

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Hi Peter,

That hose looks permanently connected to the compressor. You could just buy an extension hose and build an adapter with a schraeder valve on it to extend the hose you have, or you could cut the hose you have off the launcher and strip off the fittings from each end and get a piece of air hose with the same diameter and put those fittings on the ends with hose clamps.

You could also cut your existing hose in half and splice in a longer piece of new hose using the correct size barbed hose connectors.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
johnruse

Post by johnruse »

I also had similar problems with my old air compressor. The extension hoses I checked were also too big and I could not extend the air compressor. Now it broke and I am looking for a new one. Before I will buy one I first use air compressor rentals in order to see if the extension hoses will fit because otherwise all the extension stuff I have would be worthless.
Nick B
Internet Troll

Post by Nick B »

get another poly hose, 2 air chuck nipples, and an air chuck?
Nick and Dad B.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

We use a 75 foot heavy duty reinforced air hose which is rated for over 3000PSI. It has stainless steel quick connects on the ends. We have been using this for many years and it serves us well. If we were getting one today, we would get plain 3000 PSI hose. The reinforced hose is really heavy and had to roll up because it us very stiff. Don't get this kind if you don't need it.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Nick B
Internet Troll

Post by Nick B »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:We use a 75 foot heavy duty reinforced air hose which is rated for over 3000PSI. It has stainless steel quick connects on the ends. We have been using this for many years and it serves us well. If we were getting one today, we would get plain 3000 PSI hose. The reinforced hose is really heavy and had to roll up because it us very stiff. Don't get this kind if you don't need it.

Sounds like my pressure washer hose.

It's worse than handling a thick winch cable. PIta.
Nick and Dad B.
水火箭狂热者

Post by 水火箭狂热者 »

The diameter of the original tube might be 8mm, if my memory serves me right.
If you just wanna extend it, just buy a 8mm straight push-in pneumatic tube union and several meters of 8mm poleurethane tube. Cut off the schrader connector, and use the union fitting to attach extention tube to the original one.
It's also not a bad idea to get a 3-way 3-position manual valve(HV-200D might be fine)and appropriate fittings to control the inflation and deflation of the rocket at the side of air pump, far from the rocket itself.