hi

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
andicirk
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

hi

Post by andicirk »

hi everyone, just a quick intro........

im andi , im living atm in the south of france, and i got into water rockets at a local water rocket festival , held in the south of france in september each year.
its not a big festival its more there to educate kids n adults in how it works really , simple launchers and bottle rockets..

so after the day there my son ( 4 years old ) and i decided to try our self so we made a cable tie launcher and have a saddle pump, and can get up to about 9 bar(130 psi if my maths are correct), so know we are searching the net looking to find more info and designs and wondering how high can we go , any info and tips would be great, (reinforcing rockets, more powerful pumps and launchers ..... thanks

andi
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hi

Post by WRA2 »

andicirk wrote:hi everyone, just a quick intro........

im andi , im living atm in the south of france, and i got into water rockets at a local water rocket festival , held in the south of france in september each year.
its not a big festival its more there to educate kids n adults in how it works really , simple launchers and bottle rockets..

so after the day there my son ( 4 years old ) and i decided to try our self so we made a cable tie launcher and have a saddle pump, and can get up to about 9 bar(130 psi if my maths are correct), so know we are searching the net looking to find more info and designs and wondering how high can we go , any info and tips would be great, (reinforcing rockets, more powerful pumps and launchers ..... thanks

andi
Welcome to the forum Andi,

Everything you are searching for is right here. Our membership ranges from beginners to the world record holders. Everything from basic construction to advanced designs are discussed here. We look forward to your contributions. :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Graveyard
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Graveyard »

Hello Andi,
Isn't it strange that after your exposed to this stuff it really gets under your skin? lol
That's what happened to me about a yr. ago. Never had heard of it until my Son had a project in college.
That was all she wrote...

Later 8)
andicirk
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by andicirk »

just wondering is it because im a newbie or i have not set things up correctly (or the permission for my account arent changed) that i cant see other ppls profiles?

it says you dont have permission !

pls move this if its in the wrong place or if you fix the problem pls delete this
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

andicirk wrote:just wondering is it because im a newbie or i have not set things up correctly (or the permission for my account arent changed) that i cant see other ppls profiles?

it says you dont have permission !

pls move this if its in the wrong place or if you fix the problem pls delete this
The profiles of our members are kept private to prevent spammers from "mining" the member profiles for private information. (It keeps our members from getting spammed with email about "little blue pills" and "initiation Rolex watches"). If you wish to contact another member please use the private message function. If you are interested in seeing the WRA2 member list then go to:

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Team_List.php

Good question. I left this in the general are in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
andicirk
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by andicirk »

hi or more of a re-hi , ive been a very busy person for the last while and although i havent been in the forum for a while i am still actively involved in water rockets ,i just have passed the last few days helping organise the little festival we have in my area, ( i hope to post some pictures soon), but just to say it is nice to see everyone is still very busy and finding excellent solutions to all of the problems that present themselves on our quest to go higher and to stop it hitting the ground very hard afterwards, just to say my free winter time will be dedicated to recovery systems and new higher pressure launchpads....

thanks

andi
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

salut :mrgreen: dans quel ville s'organise ton festival?
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
andicirk
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by andicirk »

its ok im a native english speaker (although you would never know by the way i spell...

the festival is held each year at the end of september in the "vaucluse" at an observatory , the nearsest towns are APT , and the festival takes place at the observatory , SIRENE , , it last for 2 days and as i mentioned earlier its more of a fun family thing than a serious wrocket festival...

launches are at low pressure ;6- 8 bar etc

anyway glad to be back

and

ta athas orm buaileadh leat

slainte
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

okay :) thanx
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
runnin_rocket_maker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by runnin_rocket_maker »

:W
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

dude he's been in this forum for more than a year now :roll:
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

runnin_rocket_maker wrote::W
Gotta get those 15 posts somehow :lol:
Lisa Walker,
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

WRA2 wrote:
runnin_rocket_maker wrote::W
Gotta get those 15 posts somehow :lol:
He's green now...
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

yep but there's better ways to get it :roll: i made a post on fins for example :idea:
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Jelo wrote:yep but there's better ways to get it :roll: i made a post on fins for example :idea:
The easiest way is to join the WRA2 :WRA2: :WRA2: Instant access! :D
Lisa Walker,