Hello from England

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Trueblue1987

Hello from England

Post by Trueblue1987 »

Hello

I am a teaching assistant from a school in sheffield. We have been invited to join a water powered rocket building competition against other schools, to find out who can get their rocket to go the furthest. I didn't realise it was such a big thing and after having a few test runs i'm hooked.

We have been given a hose and a attachment, which we can't change( I will post pictures on here soon).

Any help and tips that you could give me to increase distance such as optimum water fill, bottle design, how to attatch multiple bottles and anything else. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from England

Post by WRA2 »

Trueblue1987 wrote:Hello

I am a teaching assistant from a school in sheffield. We have been invited to join a water powered rocket building competition against other schools, to find out who can get their rocket to go the furthest. I didn't realise it was such a big thing and after having a few test runs i'm hooked.

We have been given a hose and a attachment, which we can't change( I will post pictures on here soon).

Any help and tips that you could give me to increase distance such as optimum water fill, bottle design, how to attatch multiple bottles and anything else. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
Welcome to the water rocket forum. :W I'm sure everyone will be a big help to you once you provide more information on the requirements of the competition and the components provided.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello from England

Post by Brian »

hi Trueblue1987, i would recommend finding the optimum weight for your rocket.
water rockets are usually under weight so adding extra weight can make a rocket more resistant against slowing down allowing the rocket to go further. also adding weight at the front of a rocket will increase stability and make the rocket fly straighter with less drag.
optimum water fill is about 3rd water of the rockets capacity but is different with each rocket.
:W
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w