Project 3000 - rocket size ?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Project 3000 - rocket size ?

Post by RaZias »

Hi there USWR, can you give me an estimated date to the launchment of the new record-braker water rocket ? Would be possible at least to say the height of the rocket ?
I am not talking of the height it will achive but its size (it´s taller than a person ?)
Research and Development is the soul of WR
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Project 3000 - rocket size ?

Post by RaZias »

I think you should contact RedBull or Monster drink to sponsor the launchement of the rocket.

Why not ?
Research and Development is the soul of WR
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

RaZias wrote:Hi there USWR, can you give me an estimated date to the launchment of the new record-braker water rocket ? Would be possible at least to say the height of the rocket ?
I am not talking of the height it will achive but its size (it´s taller than a person ?)
Good Questions!

We're not going to announce the launch of any of our rockets ahead of time for a number of reasons:

1) We cannot control the weather. (We need perfect weather for such an important launch)
2) We have not finished all of the testing and have no way of knowing precisely when it will be done.
3) Our launches continue to attract large groups of spectators and we try to keep the crowds to a minimum because not everyone knows the dangers of high pressure water rockets and we cannot babysit curious onlookers AND do a good job launching our rocket at the same time. It's bad enough that people come running/sailing/paddling/etc. over any time they hear our compressor fire up! We occasionally have to send disappointed people away because they hear us doing pressure tests or maintenance on the compressor and hear the sound. We could be having 20MPH winds or a 500 foot cloud ceiling and they still assume the compressor running means a launch.

Water rocket launches are hard to predict. Problems can happen and conditions can change at a moment's notice. This is especially true for a world record launch... or ANY world record for example. It's utterly impossible for anyone to say with certainty "I will set a new world record on Wednesday."

If it helps you any, the height of the rocket is roughly the same size as X-12. This works out well for u because all of our launch tubes and fixtures are designed for 8 foot FTC rockets and we have a lot of experience working with this length.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

RaZias wrote:I think you should contact RedBull or Monster drink to sponsor the launchement of the rocket.

Why not ?
The answer you seek will become apparent shortly. ;-)
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison